Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bulldog treats

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Ellierat, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Ellierat

Ellierat PetForums Newbie

Looking for suggestions on what treats I can give my 10 week English bulldog puppy, ideally I would like something that he can chew on/ lick for a while in his bed as a treat. I know English bulldogs are very sensitive to foods, as this is my first English bulldog I have no knowledge or experience so any advise or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

If the normal dry food he's getting is suiting him, then just use that and stuff it into a Kong or in a snuffle mat. If you feed dry dog food you can soak it and stuff that into a Kong and then freeze it so that it lasts longer. If you are feeding wet or raw then again, stuff a hoof, Kong, hollow bone etc and again freeze. If he hasn't ever had a Kong before then make it easy to start with so he gets the idea, then you can make it harder.
    Look at the ingredients in his food and use the same meat protein as a treat as you are likely to have a reaction. For example if he is on Salmon and rice then a fishy treat is probably going to be OK.

O2.0 and Ellierat like this.
  3. Ellierat

Ellierat PetForums Newbie

Good idea with the freezing of his current food in a kong I will try this thank you!

4. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Ronnie has an Antler Horn which he has when we are eating etc ,Ronnie is now 12 months old and has the same one which he had at 8weeks,you can get them from Pets@Home:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice