Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bulldog preggers and not well

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Nicola2009, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Nicola2009

Nicola2009 PetForums Newbie

hi all
    my 3 year old bulldog was scanned on sunday and the lady said that she had 3 puppies what she could see(as she wouldnt stand up for her!!)
    they were all alive and moving about but then she said that they wouldnt make it as the fluid around them was murky ??but i said were they alive and she said yes but she dosent think they will make it but i have to go back next weekto see,she sid they would asorb back into her?
    now 2 of my friends have said this isnt possiable as they dont self asorb after 4 weeks 5 days and she is 38 days today,she has been sick all day and last night and is quite chesty,she is a chesty bulldog on the best of days,she was off her food yesterday and i have just given her a boiled chicken fillet and she ate it all??
    please can u advise me as im worried sick!!!!
    thanks

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

If she is that sick you need her to be seen by a vet ASAP.

3. Nicola2009

just to let you know that diva went to the vets on mon and has a chest cold and throat infection so im a bit happier with that as i have been sooooo worried that she has something seriously wrong with her,as for the pups the vet had a feel and a listen and she said that she still thinks shes pregnant and heard heart beats, and she said sometimes if too much pressure is put on the scanning equipment it can sometimes make the picture a bit more fuzzy than normal?? i lost my pregnant bulldog 4 weeks ago and i was a right state and im sure she didnt want a repeat performance and would tell me anything !!!! but i have to give her total rest and keep feeding her protien based foods, to build her strength up and she gave her strong antibiotics !
    i am taking her back to the scanning lady on sunday so hopefully the pups will be ok

4. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

sorry i can't help but i hope someone that knows about bulldog will come and beable to help soon

5. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

good luck with mum and puppies hope all will be ok

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

sorry to hear youve lost one of your bulldogs:( how did she die?

7. Nicola2009

My last bitch died of a heartattack so the vet said

8. Nicola2009

My Dog loss her pups

9. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

Oh no im so sorry

10. clueless

clueless Banned

Sorry to hear your bad news. I was just about to answer your OP as well. Pups can be absorbed right up till 6weeks, after 6weeks the bones start to develop

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice