Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bull terrier PLease help me and my dog....

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by garryd, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Yes i know them lines, 1 of my female's is a bullyview bred solid brindle, Her sire is champion rumus rulette @ bullyview, She has some tiapan and kalsar in her lines aswell.
    My other female is a kilacabar bred bitch.
    My sister has a kalsar bitch, champon sired by champion kalsar sweet william.
    and my other sister has a bullyview boy, sired by champion ounsdale buffalow bill @ bullyvew.

2. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

How did I miss this thread???
    Anyway I am owned by a 2 and a half year old male DDB - he has ALWAYS been a fussy eater - hes now been eating tripe for about 6 months and is gaining weight nicely - I always feed it raw and sometimes when we go to a friends house who gets full bellies to mince herself we have given him slices of the stuff - its like his instincts kick in and he rips it apart and gobbles it down - its the best stuff in my eyes - I also feed cooked pasta and boiled eggs and this has helped him to gain a little weight too - plus he has kidneys - hearts etc etc - his eating is SO much better now :)

3. garryd

garryd Guest

do you think thats what i might be donig wrong with my old bully then mate!?? As i do boxing and go running at 7am every morning ,thats when i run my dog ,its about 2miles everday without fail ,do think thats to much for a dog that age !? is this the reason why hes loosing so much weight ????

4. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

If hes still enjoying his runs then let him carry on - if there is nothing medical that is wrong then the runs will do him good and keep him fit - keep his heart healthy. Maybe feed him a touch more to compensate the weight loss - it could be that the running is burning off a little too much weight than it used to. When do you feed him? morning afternoon, night??? Try feeding him an extra meal during the day - just a small one .....:) Nice to see an oldie still fit as a fiddle :)
    Just re read what you originally typed - will he not eat anything mixed in with his dry food? Have you tried a different brand?

5. garryd

garryd Guest

i have got him back on tripe again now ,he was on it 3yrs ago but i stoped feeding it as it does smell abit ! i have allways fed him dryed food even in with the tripe and thats what i am trying again now ! he has allways liked tripe and it makes him wanna eat so hopefully it will help the old boy put some chubb on! hes a lovely old boy and i couldent part company with him for no money :)i feed my dogs the best dog food you can get wellbeloved i think its called !??

6. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Tripe is brill - yep it smells a bit but you get used to it LOL
    He should gain a bit of weight and I am happy he likes it - just put a peg on ya nose when you dish it up LOL
    Hmmmm I am not keen on James Welbeloved as such but if yours like it then keep them on it, have you looked at Arden Grange or Royal Canin? They are both the best foods for my dogs in my opinion....have a look at the ingredients on your food bag and then have a look online at other foods....they may be better and more or less the same price....although not sure how much Wellbeloved is per sack.......I buy from wholesalers so mines cheaper than the pet shops....some swear by James Wellbeloved...so if yours are doing well on it then stick to it...... :)

7. garryd

garryd Guest

i think its about £42 a bag!

8. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Arden grange I get for £26 and RC I can get for about £24.....I wouldnt buy from pet shops anymore - just knowing what they are making per bag!!!! I go and buy bulk from wholesalers - but even if I got 1 bag I am saving a fortune ( well I am not really - cos I buy them all toys everytime I go too ) LOL

9. garryd

garryd Guest

where do you find these dog food wholesalers ???

10. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Its basically a cash and carry - not all of them have a pet side but the ones I use do - you do have to have an account - by owning a shop etc you can join .......its not open to the public unless you are a member blah blah....
    You know anyone that could join??

11. garryd

garryd Guest

mmm yeah i might know a man ???;)

12. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Well look into it - it could save you a fortune :)

13. raven

raven PetForums Junior

would your tips also help with my staff

14. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Tripe and pasta are good for gaining weight, what dry food do you feed your Staff?

15. raven

raven PetForums Junior

chudleys junior its what she was on before i changed her food and she lost weight

16. garryd

garryd Guest

pasta and tripe is what seems be working! i have been feeding him rice also!

17. garryd

garryd Guest

For some reson my oldest bull terrier is of his food again :( hes got no intrest in the tripe ,and only eating half of what i put out:( its doing my head in now:mad:

18. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

It might be because your bitch is in season garry.
    Alot of males go off their food when a bitch is on heat. Mine gives up dinner all together!

19. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Good point bullbreeds..That happened with eric.

Or Bully may well be just a fussy eater? My sisters staffy is just like bully..eats for awile then leaves good food, Nomatter what it is, Funny thing is tho, He staffy wants human food all the time..Thats not happening :D.

20. garryd

garryd Guest

But i am feeding him in the house away from the bitches as if fed him outside hes so old the hungry cows would take his food off him:( i think he might have a ear infection as his ears are laiden with wax ! Hes just a very old 8 years if you know what i mean!???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice