Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bull terrier PLease help me and my dog....

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by garryd, Jan 6, 2008.

1. garryd

garryd Guest

I am the proud owner of a lovely bull terrier dog called bully whos 8yrs old ! over the last year or two hes started to lose a lot of weight and we cant work out why and hes starting to look very skinny ! I have took him to the vets who gave him a blood test witch came back all clear ! they allso wormed him! The touble is he has never been a big eater and has allways been a dryed dog food dog ! He is more of a picker at his food instead of eating loads in one sitting if you know what i mean !??! I walk him for an hour and half a day and he lives for it ! hes super fit and if you watched him run round you would see how active he is! but hes just getting skinnyer by the day ! i feed him wellbeloved ! anybody got any ideas on how to fatten him up or on what i could be doing wrong! I think the world of him and would hate the thought of him not being here gruntting and growning at me ! please help!

2. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

If there is nothing medically wrong with him then i suggest u try feeding him some tripe, My dogs love tripe and it can also stimulate appetite in a fussy eater.
    I must admit, Every bully iv'e own has never turned down tripe :) iv'e also found it helps get them nice and chunky.

3. nici

nici PetForums Senior

i had lots of trouble with my dog until i put them on th barf diet has worked wonders:)and does have tripe in it aswell as lots of other goodies that dogs just love:D

4. garryd

garryd Guest

i did used to feed him tripe and he does like it ! I will give it ago again ,i think the only reason i stoped feading him tripe was the smell was peutrid !:eek: when i took him to the vets he only weighed 17kg and i can remember a time when he wa 25kg:(

5. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Love to see pics of him gary :)

6. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i would love to see a picture of all 3 of them, pleaseeee when you have time,,:D:D

7. carol

carol PetForums VIP

give him some pasta as well as the tripe

yes love to see some pic's

8. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Must admit, 17kg is rather light for a male bully, My sisters female weighs in at 29kg, she's one heafty lump, one of my females weighs 24kg and the other 27kg.
    But as myself and every1 said, try tripe, I know what you mean about the smell tho, It makes my daughter feel sick bad and my son just heaves at the smell of the stuff, i've got used to it now but i do feel abit shown up when people knock my door and iv'e only just fed em lol.

Oh yes, as carol said, pasta is good for weight gain aswell, i feed that often to mine and they love it.
    A £250 pound bag of pasta last me a good week or more for 3 of my dogs.

9. garryd

garryd Guest

I no what you mean as would you beleve i have bitch thats 8months old actually weighs
    23kg !My other bitch is a cracker as she is a very rare colour 1 shes a full fawn with a black muzzel ! cost me an arm and a leg but she was worth it i supose as you dont see to many that colour do ya ! she looks a bit like a kangaroo !

10. colliemerles

ha ha ha,, a kangaroo,,,,:D:D

11. garryd

garryd Guest

12. colliemerles

shes beautiful,, i had to laugh at her grumbling away ,,,ha ha ha,, very good shes a cracker,,,,,:D

13. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

what would you recommend cooking the tripe or giving it raw I have heard mixed feelings on this and wondered what you all thought?

14. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

LOL , when i first heard the grumble i actually thought she ummm farted and so did my son lmao.
    Thats a brilliant vid and deffo typical bully grumbling, Her color is lovely.

I love it when they try talk and their lil side bits on their mouth stick out, its sooooo bloody cute.

15. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Donno about what others views are on this but i myself always feed it raw.

It would stink the house out more then feeding it raw if it was cooked lol, pooooweyyy :O

16. garryd

garryd Guest

i was told if you cook it it aint as good to them ! just what i was told! But then who on earth would wanna cook tripe in there kitchen ??:eek: could you imagine the smell boiling that stuff on a hob !:eek:

17. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Ohhh my gawd, i can imagine :eek:

18. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

me too I have always fed it raw, but heared that some dogs like it better cooked, dont fancy doing it myself though:eek:

19. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

20. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

How old was she in the vid garry?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice