Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Bulk planting

Discussion in 'Gardening Advice' started by McKenzie, Nov 5, 2017.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Further to my last post about the state of my garden....

It’s been suggested to me that if I bulk plant some plants close together in areas of my garden it will cut down on maintenance. I like lavender so was thinking of doing that in one corner for a start.

Opinions? Advice? Good plants to use in this way?

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Lavender need sun and don't like having wet feet so if you can provide the right conditions they should work.

I have a small hedge in a wall and they were planted about a foot apart and have grown together.

They need trimming after flowering to stop them getting leggy but don't cut into dead wood.

They can be relatively short lived plants though and can get sparse, tatty and have die back quite easily.

Other suitable shrubs would be Euonymus which come in attractive foliage, are pretty robust and can be kept neat with a quick prune - some attractive foliage too (some have interesting flowers).

Sarcococca are a glossy shrub with perfumed flowers in Winter.

shopping.jpg

images (4).jpg

I'd suggest putting a few lavender in pots if your ground is too damp to fill a gap as required maybe?

Dogmatize and McKenzie like this.
  3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Thanks :) where I live we get lots of sunlight and comparatively little rain so the lavender might be ok? I’ll definitely look into those other plants too.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. ahmerali

ahmerali PetForums Newbie

I saw you You always on the right point..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice