Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bulk buying cat litter

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by becki1812, Feb 23, 2012.

1. becki1812

becki1812 PetForums Junior

Hello,

Just a quick question....

I am currently using a paper based non pelleted litter for my five cats over six trays. Any one any ideas of where I can bulk buy litter as at the moment I am going through almost 10 litres a day, this isnt the problem the having to keep buying it is!

Thank you in advance for your help xx

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

3. becki1812

Thanks Dally (we have three dally's as well :smile5: ) I had a quick look on there but cant seem to find the type we use??? Cats are newer to us than the dogs (oldest dog is 12, oldset cat is 13 months) so sorry if i am sounding a bit blonde with my questions and answers !

4. Dally Banjo

3 SPOTS!!!!!!!! :w00t: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: two is enough for us :D

Is there any reason why you use/ want to use paper based? OKO might work out alot cheaper & lasts for ages if you dont mind tracking :rolleyes:

Off to stalk you profile looking for spots :lol:

5. becki1812

Lol, yes we have mum, dad and baby!!!, although they are now 12, 11 and 9 now so not really a baby at all. Not sure there are pictures on here i havnt been on for so long, cant remember if i uploaded any or not?? I will look and if not will put some on at the weekend :smile5:

We have tried lots of different types of litter and this is the one they all seem to like, We have a very easily stressed male seal lynx bengal who will find any excuse not to use the tray's but this litter seems to help him I clean them out in the morning, when i get home from work and before bed, the paper based one is the only one that he is comfortable using in-between cleans. the breeder we got him from used yesterdays news but one of the others did not take to this at all, so the paper based is an all round comprimise (sp?)

6. Dally Banjo

7. becki1812

Thank you I will take a look at that one.

The oldest spot (Kayla) doesnt mind where she goes, we are begining to have trouble with her during the night, arthritis and old age are slowly creeping up on her, poor old girl she tries so hard to keep up with the others but her walks have been restricted to an amble round the block by the vet.

8. Dally Banjo

:( Oh dear, Banjo leaks :eek: & has alsorts of other things wrong :rolleyes: but apart from the leaking you woud'nt know :D he is on Propalyn syrup it works realy well for girls not as well for boys :rolleyes: & Synoquin for his joints & arthritis its a bit pricey but his insurance pays :cool:

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Only a wee suggestion but where are you getting your preferred litter from? If it is a small independant shop, you could perhaps ask if they will cut you a deal for bulk-buying from them.

Nae harm in asking...... :)

10. becki1812

Its the Tesco paper litter although there is a horse suppply shop that also sells some like it, i did ask him if he knew anywhere of getting it in bulk and he said no, probably because he gets it cheap and make such a profit he didnt want to give away his secrets! B

Dally Banjo, im not ignoring you ive just been sooo busy havnt had time for pictures, so much for a weekend off eh? im gonna give it a go now so bear with me :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice