Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Bulb planting?

Discussion in 'Gardening Advice' started by 3dogs2cats, Nov 7, 2018.

1. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Having had a bit of a re -jig of my garden this year I have introduced some more pots. I intended planting spring bulbs in them when the summer annuals had finished but due to one thing or another I had completely forgotten I`d bought the bulbs! Just found them and now not sure what to do. The tulips will be ok to be planted but I`m not sure if I`ve missed the boat for planting the daffs and crocus. It has been a few years now since I`ve planted any new bulbs.

I know generally Daffs should go in before the frosts so early autumn but has anyone planted them this late with success? My pots are to big to bring in but wondering if it would be best to plant some in smaller pots in the house. I don`t have a greenhouse.
    Any advice welcome.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I’ve still got various bulbs to plant in the next week or so - not too late ime.

Given the vagaries of our weather these days our Seasons seem less rigid anyhow ;)

3dogs2cats likes this.
  3. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

You can plant spring bulbs right up until December as long as there is no frost. The garden centres are full of bulbs for sale at the moment.

Lurcherlad and 3dogs2cats like this.
  4. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Thank you both, I`ll get them planted then. Yes I guess with our different weather patterns the old rules are all changed now!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice