Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Budgie bath time

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by Mollylc, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Mollylc

Mollylc PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    Anyone have any advice on how to get my two budgies to take a bath. I have a bath which clips on one of the doors on their cage but they have no interest and then I have to take it off because the water gets cold. I end up spray them with a spray bottle on a very light setting which they don’t enjoy but they do need a bath because they get dandruff so I have too.

2. L.M.

L.M. PetForums Newbie

I used to have one of the plastic enclosed baths that clips on the cage door but my budgie would never use it - I think she was nervous about having to go inside. Instead I got a shallow dish (eg a cat bowl with shallow sides) which can go on the floor of the cage. It will still probably take a few times for them to start using it as it's something new. If they like spinach you could also put a couple of leaves in the water to encourage them. But just a note - you will probably end up with quite a bit of water splashing out of the bowl so I'd put some tissue paper around the bowl or time it so they have a bath just before you're replacing the cage lining.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice