Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Budget Dog Run?!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, May 17, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I am really hoping to be able to get some sort of budget dog run for under £300

When we move out I will be making sure we get the deposit back, I really will need a run for the dogs at the new house.

a) so they can have free room to move about when we are not in
    b) so I can put them there when we have people over in the nice weather and not worry about jumping up
    c) so they dont poop all over the garden!

But I have noo idea where to start looking for one! It has to be one that I can seperate the dogs, but also have it open so they can be together too.

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Have a look on ebay there are often some dog runs on there. Other than that there are companies that sell the panels to build your own. Look in the dog magazines they may have adverts in them I know Dog World and Our Dogs have adverts in them.

I'm off to work now but will look later when I get in if no one has given you any links

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Ask around for a local tradesman!! My farrier made the run I had made for Norris and it cost me £100!! It's only little but it was cheaper than buying something ready made and I could have it made to my requirements!!

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

5. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

canine kennels sell the modular galvanized panels and also the part wooden shed type. They seem reasonably priced, but you maybe able to find cheaper ones or something 2nd hand off ebay.

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Thanks :) I have also had a look on ebay, and asked on freecycle so hopefully will find one soon.

7. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

If your dogs aren't escape artists you could make one with heras fencing sunk in a concrete base for the long sections and proper panels for the door sections/ends. The one in our garden is made of all heras fencing, but the previous owners dog was a houndini and has bent some of the bars, so it was reinforced with extra mesh and chicken wire roof. Our garden gate and wooden door frames in kitchen also bare scares of its chewing.

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh do you mean like the stuff they put around building sites etc that sits in concrete blocks?

My friend made a run out of that, and bought a panel with a door and joined them up, it was quite good. I never thought about that.

Where would I get it?

9. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Yes thats the type its generally known as heras fencing but also temporary/security fencing, jacksons-fencing sell new but will be much cheaper 2nd hand so also look on ebay. Its not as strong as the proper kennel mesh panels so i wouldn't use it with a destructive dog.

#9 2Hounds, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dave chews stff but he's never tried to break out of his crate or anything, he's even too daft to jump over a small fence unless Dixie does first! Lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice