Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

BSH Longhair Variants

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Dozymoo, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Tinks

Tinks PetForums Member

Hello all. I have a british longhair. He is a black tipped varient and is amazing!! He has the most lovely personality, similar to a persian (very laid back, dozy and friendly) but he also has some of the british traits of playfullness and inquisitive. He is called Freddie. Am attaching....

Attached Files:

2. Angeli

Angeli PetForums Senior

He's lovely - very similar to an old style Chinchilla Persian.

3. Tinks

Tinks PetForums Member

Thanks Angeli....he does look a bit like a Chinny. We love him dearly he is such a little star! One thing though, he doesnt require too much grooming, should have said that. He has a groom a couple of times a week and I use Diamond Eyes to clean him, but he rarely gets matts or tuggies and he lays around in the sun in the cat run too. Kind of like a low maintenance longhair really.

4. Angeli

Angeli PetForums Senior

Sounds wonderful not having to groom every day.:)

They are obviously not a double coated breed like the Persians then - no wool undercoat thats prone to knots and tangles.

5. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

There's a obvious difference then! Thanks! :) xx

6. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

He's a real cutie too! xx

7. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

We had a BSH longhair for 10 years.
    She was so pretty. We use to call her our chocalate box kitty.
    Her personality was not the same as our other BSH, she was very bossy but comical with it.
    Her coat was very fluffy and we tried all sorts of things to make life abit easier but it was a struggle. We bought a furmigator and that worked well.
    She hated being groomed and she use to fall out with me.

I was glad that we picked her and now she is no longer with us i miss her lots.

P.S Hank is very beautiful and I really hope he gets well soon.
    Here's a pic of our fluffy girl

Attached Files:

8. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

Hank has a lovely personality as well, hes very loving with everyone in the household, even my autistic son and from what ive read about BSH he pretty much has the same personality except that ive read BSH are suppose to be a very quiet cat, well Hank is defenitly not that :rolleyes:lol hes always meowing, dont know if this is just because hes a kitten or if its just a BSH trait that he didnt get :)

Both your cats are georgeous jill and tinks, its nice to be able to see what Hank may look like when hes older :)

#28 Elise.x, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  9. Tinks

Tinks PetForums Member

Hi Elise....our cats sound quite similar. Actually just to let you know Freddie in the piccie is still only 6 months old! So he is still a baby, a massive baby but still little. He was quite small at 12 weeks when we got him, but he has grown like mad and he is now huge. He loves his food though. His dad was a golden tipped BSH and was the biggest cat we have seen and his mum is very pretty BSH black tipped. We also got Freddies cousin who is the same age (6 months) but he is the shorthair version, they are extremely different.

Just another note Elise, you mentioned your autistic son, I have 2 of those, life has its challenges doesnt it!! I find my pets to be a real comfort at times, I talk to them all the time. One of my sons (6) carries Freddie around and Fred just puts up with it. Actually we were asked if we wanted to take a cat in to school for "show and tell" and I took Freddie. He laid on a mat in the middle of the room with 30 children around him and just purred.....now not many cats would do that! x:)

10. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

His gorgeous! beautiful coat! :)

How do they differ from the Short haired? Why are they different if they are just a variant?

his lovely! beautiful colour!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice