Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

BSH eyes

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by catgeoffrey, Nov 24, 2012.

1. catgeoffrey

catgeoffrey PetForums VIP

Hi guys,
    recently Ruxpin had a watery eye - put down to a scratch and given an oily drop to put in it.
    That's all cleared up and he has lovely eyes again but he does seem to get a fair bit of "sleep" in the corners of his eyes. Not lots i mean and he does clean his face himself (when he remembers)!
    I assume this is normal for BSH? He's silver so it does show up. Is there anything other than damp cotton pads to use to clean them occasionally?

Thanks! :D

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

I think it's quite common - Gracie gets a bit of sleep there too. I know that Persians often have runny eyes and BSH eyes are similar so it's probably connected (as they're related to Persians). Gracie's eyes don't run but she does get a little bit of sleep.

3. catgeoffrey

catgeoffrey PetForums VIP

Well Ruxpin's runny eye was a scratch that's now cleared up so I guess I'll just use the cotton pad when he "forgets" aka can't be bothered to clean his face himself! :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice