UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi those of you with BSH!

Our kitten Ruxpin came to us at 15 weeks and seems to have an issue with his dirty bum. He has had a runny tum which is now fixed but still doesn't clean himself properly. He leaves bits in his fur...

How do I clean him up? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
We keep baby wipes in the kitchen cupboard just for Darcy. If she's too messy for a wipe to cope with then she has a dip in the sink :eek:

If I didn't show her I think I would have clipped her bottom by now :rolleyes: trouble is, she has a knack of pooping on her back feet too!

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I had this with Thomas when he was younger, i think they are just too busy for cleaning!
I changed him on to raw at 18 weeks though and that solved the problem as they are drier small poops so cannot stick to fur. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
We keep baby wipes in the kitchen cupboard just for Darcy. If she's too messy for a wipe to cope with then she has a dip in the sink :eek:

If I didn't show her I think I would have clipped her bottom by now :rolleyes: trouble is, she has a knack of pooping on her back feet too!
Before too long you'll have baby wipes all over your WHOLE house, you'll be buying them in bulk ;)

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
My little Itty occasionally had a messy bum when she was little and still does now and again. To start with she didn't seem to click that she needed to clean herself so we used a water spritzer you get for plants (obviously dont use one that has previously had plant food in) on the misting setting. Just squirt a few times the area that's mucky this encourages her to clean herself up nicely. Now and again when she forgets we do that same and she cleans herself up in minutes. :) She doesn't mind us doing this now, she just stands there and lets us :lol:

Just be cautious of squirting too much on a 15 week old, and make sure the water is warm. You don't want to make them too wet in that area when they are little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.