Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Brucella and our rescue dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nichola Lynch, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Nichola Lynch

Nichola Lynch PetForums Newbie

My husband was working abroad and he found a 6 week pup on the street so he took him it was touch and go he had parvovirus but with treatment he survived. He then had all his bloods rabies etc and was bringing him back to uk.. however all the flights stopped due to covid so the dog had to go into the rescue centre whilst we waited for him to be able to fly. We had him in September and in October he was yelping when you touched his back it was difficult to say what it was so he went on pain relief and when we stopped it the pain came back so we were referred! They did X-rays and then an mri scan which showed Discospondylitis
    Ordinary they wouldn’t check for brucella but because of where he came from they did a quick test which came back positive. They are sending a test off as sometimes they can be false positive I’m awaiting on that we are devastated as he is the sweetest dog you could ever meet, everyone who sees him wants him even the consultant asked if she could have him (before she knew) then they had to get him out quick! Has anyone gone through this ??? I also have 4 other dogs in the house that he has been mixing with I am so worried and praying that it’s a false positive

Attached Files:

2. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Senior

Well done in giving this puppy a new home. I hope he gets the treatment and look forward to a happy life. Oh by the way, what a beautiful dog he is.

Lurcherlad and Happy Paws2 like this.
  3. Nichola Lynch

Nichola Lynch PetForums Newbie

Thankyou for your kind words! We will do all we can to keep him alive! He’s only 1 1/2 I need to spoil him for a few more years yet :)

Lurcherlad and niamh123 like this.
  4. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Oh my gorgeous looking boy, fingers crossed all will be well for him & your other dogs are all ok. Let us know how it all goes please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice