Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Brrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuucccce!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by alphadog, Jul 12, 2009.

1. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

ffs. Bruce has just split my lip and cut my chin!! I was stepping over the dog gate in my flip flops and nosey Bruce was following so close that he stood on my flip flop as I was walking and pinned it to the ground, but of course I couldn't feel it so carried on walking. I couldn't step forward, got my other foot stuck in the dog gate and fell headlong onto the kitchen worktop :eek:

It stings like a stingy thing on a stingy day and I look like I've been ten rounds with Tyson :(

Still, it's not as bad as the day Selma head butted me and knocked half my tooth out :rolleyes:

Am I the only one that gets assaulted by their dogs?!?!

2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Oh poor you, thankfully that never happened to me. Cassie & Pippa nearly tripped me over a few times..:rolleyes:

3. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

oh no! Brody often head butts me! and trips me up!

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dave's always tripping me up!
    I often wear baggy trousers they are are too long for me and if I have got something interesting Dave follows me so close that he trips me up.

This week its Honey. She has something about getting under my feet when I am carrying stuff I broke 2 plates :(

x

5. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

oh no hope you are ok split lips always feel awfull, so big.:eek: its never happened to me but i dont know how mine are always under my feet.:rolleyes:

6. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

I can laugh about it now, but not too much - don't want to split the new scab lol :D So glad I live on my own, I didn't want anyone else to see that!!!

My Mum once fell over a neighbours dog in the dark when she was carrying the shopping in from the car, I say it serves her right for living in the country where there are no street lights :001_tt2:

7. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Ouch! Sorry to hear you got hurt, I bet there were a few choice words flying about! My parents dog used to wait til we were halfway through stepping over him before deciding to get up. Particularly fun on the stairs, especially since he was a big dog! They've never managed to cause more than bruises though.

8. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Poor you ... hope it feels better soon.

Bless him, i better he feels terrible now ;)

9. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

aHHH BLESS MINES TAKEN ME DOWN THE STAIRS BEFORE HE WAS IN A RUSH TO GET TO THE FRONT DOOR AND BRUSHED PASSED ME I WENT FLYING AND HAD A FEW BRUISES. hIS OTHER FAV IS STOPPING DEAD IN THE STREET WHEN WALKING WHEN HES CAUGHT HOLD OF A SMELL THE AMOUNT OF TIMES IVE NEARLLY GONE OVER THE TOP. DOGS EHH HOW WOULD HAVE THEM. LOL

10. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I have been assulted too. Once I bent down to give Shen some loving when he decided to jump up at the same time and butt me full on the nose. I saw stars for at least 20 minutes.

I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon!

11. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

My last gsd was so clumsy he once ran into me in his excitement at the park and had me clean off my feet, it was a snowy day and my legs were so cold that i thought he had broken my leg it stung so much!!! But i still loved him, big clumsy oaf!!! :D

The only injury i get now is when i play with my two, they will paw me in the mush so i end up sometimes with a fat lip!!

12. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

Ouch I bet that hurt. My dog is always under foot and I am always tripping over him. One time he took me and my daughter out at the same time trying to charge past us to get out the door. His favorite thing to do is lay directly behind me whenever I'm doing something in the kitchen and a few times I have ended up on my behind because I don't always know he is there.

13. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

oh dear, hope your lip is feeling better soon, my dog is always under my feet,and i often tripping over him, i also got pulled over on walk when i first had him and ended up with bruises on hands and knees.

14. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

One day I was climbing through a gap in a fence, and my dog tried to jump through the gap at the same time. I thought my nose was broken!
    And just yesterday she jumped up as I was reaching down to lift her onto a hedge where her ball was stuck (she can run about on top of hedges) so I've got a split lip too!
    Hope you get better soon.

15. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

I have been bitten endless times (re-directed aggression, not directed at me), caused loss of feeling in one finger, a lost finger nail and a couple of scars on my legs.

I have been pulled over whilst running, when the dogs have seen something and decided to chase.

I have been pulled over the handle bars of my bike, because Max saw a squirrel.

I was caught off guard by my 3 dogs whilst walking, they ended up pulling me over and I got dragged into the road and pulled along. Very embarrassing! The driver of the car, did not know what to do!

Despite all of this, I still walk them all together every day!

I must love them...... x

16. rona

rona Guest

When I first got Alf he used to bite quite hard whilst playing.
    I had to go for blood tests, I had to assure the nurses that I was only being abused by my dog :blushing::D
    Hope you feel better soon

17. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Ditto! :D Harvey has a habit of lying in doorways & Pippa's so small & quick it's been a close call a number of times!

Hope you feel better soon

Ellie x

18. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

yep ive fallen down the stairs on my bum i nearly cried lol!

gotten a black eye and a split lip from zeb headbutting me

and i trip over him all the time as he has a habit of getting up or moving just as you get close to him OR hes right there sat/laid behind me when im doing dishes i turn around and nearly squash him!

19. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Great stories, sorry but I did laugh at most of them! :w00t: It's like PF's own You've Been Framed!

Thought I'd do a little bump to see if anyone else wants to confess to being assaulted!!.................

20. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

We had to take my old dog's bone off him in the end. It was one of the nylabone tooth cleaning ones covered in little spikes. Rocky would ignoor it all day but once we'd gone to bed he'd put it in front of the bathroom door upstairs just waiting for bare feet going to the toilet in the dark. I swear you'd hear him sniggering in his bed!

alphadog likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice