Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Brown spots on skin

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Thor&Odin, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Thor&Odin

Thor&Odin PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, i need some advice.

My 8 year old deaf cat has a bold spot on his left back leg and on the exposed skin has brown spots (see image). It doesn't seem to be fleas (or at least I haven't found any) and i haven't seen him licking or over-grooming that area. He allows me to touch it and he doesn't seem to be in any pain.

I worry that it might be the dry food i switched to 6 months ago - Feringa cold pressed chicken. I suspect this because his farts have been very pungent last weeks (smelling like rotten eggs), which may or may not be related.

Other than that there haven't been any other changes to his diet or in our household.

I know the best course of action would be to go to the vet, but he is having some stress issues lately (gets scared over little things such as me turning off the lights), and I don't want to further stress him with a vet visit (which is always stressful for him).

Any ideas? Food allergies? Could it be stress related?

Any clue would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Dreamiesburglar

Dreamiesburglar PetForums Junior

Maybe you can send the pic to the vet and see if they need to see him in person?
    If you hadn't mentioned that patch is bald, I would have maybe suggested that they're just like freckles. I've seen cats and dogs who have spots on their skin. My dog had brown spots on her skin and it was just how her skin was.
    Hopefully it's not anything serious but I'd contact the vet and see what they say. They might have an idea even just from a pic.

#2 Dreamiesburglar, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice