Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Brooder set up help

Discussion in 'Bird Breeding' started by BonnyScot, May 4, 2019.

1. BonnyScot

BonnyScot PetForums Newbie

Hi I am a hand rearing cockatiels for the first time. They are almost a week old. Unfortunately the hen passed while laying one of the eggs so I have incubated and now syringe feeding them. I’m looking for advice for setting up a brooder. I’ve tried a tank with a heat mat but can’t seem to get the temperature/humidity right. I also bought a fake hen brooder but I think this is too big. Any advice is appreciated. The chicks are feeding well and growing rapidly almost 6 grams by day 6.

2. billsfoxes

billsfoxes PetForums Junior

if the youngsters are feeding well and putting on weight all should be ok you would seem to be doing everything right,last year i had to hand rear 2 of my bullfinches the hen bird unfortunatley died but the were under a lamp and in a nest i made and they both survived

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice