UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having a real run of trouble with my two at the moment!! This morning I heard howling, followed by a crash, then 'crying' from upstairs. I got into the room to find one of my cats 'crying' and in distress with her mouth. The neighbours cat was sat outside the window and I think what happened was that Tilly (who is a bit thick!) tried to fight her through the glass!!

However, I then spotted a tooth on the floor...she has broken off one of her eye teeth / top fang. I have no idea how she managed to do it. The tooth is clean, no decay in it to suggest it was weak. Do you suppose she will need the rest of the tooth removed? I have the tooth and was thinking of popping into the vets for advice....

Thanks!

·
Registered
880 Posts
OUCH! Yes def get it checked - how old is your kitty? If she/he is still young then it might be a kitten tooth but it'd still need to be removed i'd say - hope it comes out ok!?:eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. I have just spoken to the nurse at our vets. I am taking Tilly in to be looked at - she said it may be something she can live with depending on where the break has occured, if the nerve or pulp is exposed. Poor cat!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for asking after Tilly. I have just got back from the vet. She has broken the top canine tooth, right up into the gum. The vet suspects there is a tiny bit of root remaining, but as her other teeth are clean and no sign of any infections, that the gum will heal over it and she will be just fine. I just need to keep an eye on her over the next few days, to check she continues to eat properly and is in no distress. Phew!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.