Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Broken leg finally on the mend...!

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by RoseForTheDead, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Don't know if anyone's interested but a couple of people have asked, so thought I'd do a quick update on Jerry, my Budgie.

Her leg seems to be alot better. :) She has her good and bad days. Sometimes she can hop along her rope perch on it, and she finds her balance easily now, but other days she sits holding it up :( the bad days are getting less and less tho... so that's good news.

She's still in her own cage, I don't think she'll ever be able to go back in with my youngest Budgie - he'd probably bully her, not just that but she still needs her perches quite low.

She went in her bath the other day though, bless her, was great to see as she hadn't been able to go in it! :D

Few pictures... not very good but you can see it's not as swollen or red, and she's putting weight on it... :)

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

She's also lost some weight! :D :D which is good as she was fat lol reason being she can't be lazy and just climb the bars now, so if she wants to get somewhere, she has to fly ;)

2. Freebird

Freebird PetForums Member

That's great news, I'm so glad she is on the mend :D

Thanks for the update!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice