Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

British Shorthair feeding

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Pani, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Pani

Pani PetForums Newbie

Hi. I am collecting my british blue in a week and it will be 8 weeks old at the time. What do you recommend to feed him in a day? Like times and portions.. Do i give him any milk? Sorry if i sounds clueless. All my life had dogs and this is my 1st cat. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

I'm afraid no good, reputable breeder will let kittens leave as early as 8 weeks. This is against the registering bodies' rules and, apart from this, at eight weeks they are still feeding from their mum and learning so much.

Do reconsider- perhaps ask the breeder to get the kitten vaccinated and take her home at 13 weeks which is a week after her final vaccination. Then you know she will have been properly weaned from her mum, protected by vaccinations and will have learned to use a litter tray.

ChaosCat and chillminx like this.
  3. Pani

Pani PetForums Newbie

Unfortunately understand special circumstances, we will have to collect him on that date

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice