Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

British College of Canine Studies or Compass Courses

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by MichelleDogWalker, Oct 2, 2018.

1. MichelleDogWalker

MichelleDogWalker PetForums Newbie

Hi

I am trying to decide between two diplomas which are offered by BCCS and Compass. It is between the Complete Canine Care by BCCS or Professional Dog Walker Diploma (Compass). Has anyone undertaken any of the above or undertaken any of the courses offered by these providers?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I am currently doing a course with Compass and have no issues with them.

3. MichelleDogWalker

Hi thanks for your reply. May I ask which course you’re doing?

4. ForestWomble

British Wild Mammals Diploma.

5. MichelleDogWalker

Ok thanks. Hope you're enjoying it!

6. ForestWomble

I am. It is tough though, and the biggest advice I'd give is you must really want to do it and have the ability and determination to keep going, even if you feel like giving up you need to be able to push yourself to keep going.

7. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Compass have a good reputation (science-based learning etc.), never heard of the other one.

8. MichelleDogWalker

Sounds like it’s challenging but will be well worth all the hard work I’m sure! How far are you into it? I’m still undecided which course to do - I want to start my own business; dog walking and pet sitting but really getting stressed with which course to choose. My thinking was I would concentrate on the canine side first. One canine course covers all areas anatomy, breed type, body lang, laws the other delves more into the psychology which appeals also as I think it’s really important to understand and connect with the dog. Ive now seen another course which includes the pet sitting element it’s dog walking and pet sitting diploma . I’m going to enquire to see if it’s detailed/comprehensive enough in its modules. That’s with the Animal Jobs Direct.

9. MichelleDogWalker

Thank you Torin. Yes heard a lot of good reports about Compass.

10. ForestWomble

I'm on the final Module.

Good Luck with whatever you choose to do. Maybe, if you haven't done this kind of thing before / for a long time, I would suggest an 'easier' Level first. On Compass they range from Level 1 - beginner to Level 5 HND / Foundation degree. I'm doing Level 2 and have at times felt way out of my depth, so might be worth starting with a low level and work your way up.

MichelleDogWalker likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice