Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bringing your puppy home

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by shelleyabba, Apr 26, 2011.

1. shelleyabba

shelleyabba PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself and
    my beloved Cocker Spaniels, Jimi and Eddie. Jimi is four and
    Eddie is nearly two.

When we got Jimi at four months we had the usual chewing and eating of shoes etc.. but thats to be expected with a new puppy. Apart from that he was perfect, so eager to learn and easy to train a true diamond dog!

On the other hand Eddie was a nightmare! We took Eddie on from my sister at six months old as he was showing signs of possessiveness and aggression around her two young children.

Eddie is a beautiful looking dog but we have had so many problems training him. He just doesn't have the same eagerness to please as Jimi, in fact he actually seems to enjoy disobeying us, he is a cheeky little monkey! We have battled with separation anxiety, possiveness and an inability to be house trained.

Well Eddie is now nearly two years old and he has come a long way with lots of patience and love but most of all discipline.

My partner Alex wrote this squidoo lense with lots of advice for bringing your puppy home take a look it may help if you are in this situation or a similar one.

Shelley.x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice