Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bringing cats to new home- help!!

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by lindseyd, Jan 3, 2019.

1. lindseyd

lindseyd PetForums Newbie

Hi all.

I am moving in to my new home full time from the start of February and my two cats will be coming to live there with me. It’s a 3 bed house with a garden.
    I initially had my two cats with me for two years, then they went to live with my auntie due to my work commitments. Whilst they’ve been with her, they have been outdoor cats a lot more than usual and haven’t had as much attention and affection as I was giving to them. They are two bonded boys and must stay together so there won’t be any issues between them when they come to my home.

She is very keen to not have them living with her anymore and I am happy to have them back.

I just want to know how to make the transition as smooth as possible, especially with litter trays and the period of 2 weeks being indoors which one of them especially may find difficult.

I’ve already had a cat flap installed ready for when they can go out to my garden. I’ve also bought some cat trees to give them their own space.

Any tips you can give me would be great - thanks all!!

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@lindseyd
    Hi,
    Pet remedy or another calming plug in may help them adjust.
    Also if they have any beds, or toys at your aunts. Bring them along as the smell will be familiar.

Gallifreyangirl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice