Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Brilliant day at All About Dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Apr 25, 2011.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Well today I went with my mate Chez to the All About Dogs show, I took Keyusha and she took Skye

Both girls were good as gold, really well bahaved, we entered them into the dog show, neither of us won anything But we did have to laugh at the woman who brought a little show table for her yorkie thing and was brushing it and adjusting its stand throughout the whole thing, we were like 'its a fun dog show fgs!' lol let the poor dog be a dog

We visited the SHCGB tent and we both bought t-shirts with the aviemore race logo on, so thats a bit of money for welfare, then we watched them do a little sled dog display, we left halfway through because we felt so sorry for the poor pups having to work in that heat, tho I dont think it went on for long, and they weren't making them work hard thank god, the dogs just really didnt seem up for it at all, and I cant blame em, it was so hot!

The girls spent most of the day being shoved under taps! Keyu wouldnt put her head under so i picked her up and put her under it, so the spent a lot of the day wet, but they coped really well in the heat, unlike a couple of douge de bourdoex (sp?) who were really suffering, poor things, and both girls got a mr whippy!

Keyu got a go at flyball, tho she wasnt interested in the ball at all, so she just ran over the jumps a few times And both girls had a go at agility, i had to lie and say she was over a year old, I know, bad mum, but 5 minutes going slowly around a small agility course isnt going to do her any harm :rolleyes: She's got a little certificate lol

SHE WENT OFFLEAD!! I wasnt going to let her, but there was this lure chasing thing going on, and both the girls really wanted to chase this lure (tescos bag on a wire lol) so we signed them up, the run was fenced, and Chez waited at the end while I ran down the track with both girls (one at a time) they both done really well at it, Skye beat Keyus time by about 4 seconds, but keyu did hesitate at the beginning, until I ran too, then she bombed it. There were so many dogs and so much food about that even if she had slipped under the fence she wouldnt have got far, I wouldnt have done it otherwise

I have sunburn forgot my sunblock :rolleyes:

I've got a few pics, not loads tho, will upload em now :D

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

We went today and I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed. We went last year and had great fun but today didn't seem quite as good - they didn't have the big tent with all the different breeds in (like discover dogs) and there was no where near as many displays. Lots of dogs looked to really be suffering in the heat too, which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

But, on the plus side we've stocked up on Fish4Dogs treats and shampoo from the Animal Health Company, and there was stall doing a good offer on vetbed - 40'' by 60'' sheets for £10, so we took full advantage of that.

3. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I think it was hotter today than it was yesterday wasnt it? We had a lot of fun, but we had the dogs so got to take part a bit more

4. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Yes, I think so, it was very warm indeed today. I saw a lady with three huskies and did wonder if it was you again for a moment - but they were the wrong colours!

Watched a gorgeous Great Dane do the lure course, he was hillarious - paws and ears all over the place, and a little JRT who bombed down the track and caught up with the bloke on the quad pulling the lure. Spent a good hour watching the dogs at Dock Dogs - there was a Bulldog having a go which was quite a sight!

5. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

was that the thing where they jumped in the water? I wanted to get keyu to do it but it was a tenner a go! :nonod:

6. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Yes, that's the one. £10 a go :eek: Good grief!! The que was snaking all around the back of the stalls, must have been at least 100+ people in it at one point today - imagine the money they took! I'd like to think they donated at least some of it to a dog charity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice