Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Brewster's first pics in the council pound...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by michaelasi, May 11, 2010.

1. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

Hi guys
    over the weekend we had a meeting with Friends of akita on a doggy day fun in Leeds . Was first time for FOA members to see Brewster since we adopted him on 27 of March this year . They have been very pleased and surprised on my boy evolution in family environment .
    Or better said gobsmacked on how much he come out of his shell in past 6 and half weeks . He is confident , no more scared by people or dogs , very inquisitive ...this is what FOA have seen , on his domain Lord turnip as we love to call him with affection is a nut case , runs like a mad donkey , moves the furniture around when he is giddy , wakes up his mummy at very early hours of the morning in weekends , but more reasonable over the week days ( the woke up tactic is , comes around my side of the bed and starts to kiss me , then I get of the bed and while I make my cup of coffee he is fast aslep on sofa :smilewinkgrin:)
    any way the short long story is that we have been promised the first pictures of Brewster FOA did when he was put it in to FOA care by the council pound )
    Also we have decided , to give him a b-day date (as unfortunately we do not know what is his the exact b-day of him) and 4th of August become his b-day date -That was the day Friends of Akita got him out from the pound , it was a New Beginning for him and it was only fair to keep this date .
    We have reasons to believe he is around 2 and half years of age (going on 2 months to be more honest)

I would like to share with u some of the pics of Brewster in the pound and the last 2 pictures from the link bellow are done in october last year , on one of the walks organized by friends of akita for there dogs in the kennels .

Brewster - Available

and the following 2 pics r from this Sunday's fun day
    Brew is the monkey who rolls in the grass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We thank very much Friends of akita for all the support and opportunity they gave us to give brewster a home
    and special thanks to Mo one of this forum members who in january told me about Friends Of Akita first time

Thanks for reading this

#1 michaelasi, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. leashedForLife

awww...
    thats LOVELY, :D well done, U :thumbup: and good boy, Brewster! :thumbup:

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

You are doing so well with him! :D
    He looks a changed dog!

That first pic of him in the kennel makes me sad, he looks so unhappy :( so does the last pic before the walk he has tears on his face :(

But he is so happy now! Well done for rescuing him and changing his life!

x

4. cat43

cat43 PetForums Member

way to go , well done both of you, lcky brewster has obviously found his forever home and is a happy boy:thumbup:

5. rona

rona Guest

So heartbreaking that first picture :(
    You should be so proud of yourself and him :thumbup:

6. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

thank u guys very much for the warm words ...
    When I saw the pics , I was in tears , I huged him and kissed him to the point he was looking at me with a face of '...mummy one way ticket to nut house ...?"
    the first pic and the one with him in tears upset me the most. I remember the day we got him out the kennels in the car he was crying , big tears drops were drooping from his eyes . I never saw a dog to be so silent and crying in the same time . He was so scared , he did not know what is going to happen with him , was scared by his own shadow . Now he is so confident and cheeky and loving .
    the only thing we still have to sort out is the cat's situation , he is still a bit of a naughty boy , but I was expecting that to take months so we still r in early days with cat's .

7. rona

rona Guest

I've never cured mine of the cat thing :rolleyes: :lol:
    Good luck with that one :D

8. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

He is a changed dog:):) Well done!!

9. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

I'm counting on Kia on that ...
    the reason brew is so confident is Kia . I played a small part in his evolution for the past 6 weeks . Kia on the other hand , she has so much patience with him and he is copying kia with everything . at first when we started to introduce the cats to him he was so intense and focused on them (was a bit scary , luckily I had him on muzzle and leash) , then he was shocked to see kia cuddling and kissing the cats . He let them sniff him and quite few times they walked /run under his belly with out him trying to charge on them . He still has the odd moment when he is trying to catch them but is been told of by me and Kia right away put herself in between cats and him . She really protects her pack . also at this point in time , when cats r out and he is muzzled kia is trying to distract his attention ,by playing with him , is chewing his muzzle , his legs , his tail but playfully . She is a real help .
    He might not become fully accustomed with the cats , but then again he might , I do not give up and he will have to do what is told (by kia and me ) But as I said Rona , that might take months maybe even years with a turnip instead of a brain lol

10. rona

rona Guest

That turnip will grow in time Alfie's gradually has, not completely, but I think it's half a brain now :lol: :lol:

11. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

thank god , so there is a tiny bit of hope ...at least if he can turn in to beatroot I will be happy :D:D:D

12. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

His story is just wonderful, brought a tear to my eye. Well done you!!!

My little minx has been a full time project with the cats. A year on and I feel as tho I am getting somewhere at last.

My son taught her to leave her ball after he had thrown it on a day out a couple of weeks ago and that seems to have mad a big impression. If I say "sit" and "leave" repeatedly :lol: until she get is, she will stop and leave them. Not every time, I still have to nip it in the bud but there is a definate improvement and we play lots of games to try and build on it. She was always v good at leaving food etc. but the ball works so well because its something that moves, excites her and until recently, she always chased.

Good luck with that one but compared to what you have achieved its very minor x

13. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Hunny you did good, welldone for everything you havwe done for Brewster im sure he loves you more than he could ever tell you
    xx

14. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

it is funny to see how they act , I get the treats and they know it.
    I say sit and only brew sits on command , Kia is lazy now ( she first has to have but mum u have a treat how can I sit , Sit command is for turnips , Im a parsnip ') eventually she sits down , in all this time brew looks at her with a face , sit woman and lets get the treats ....
    then I say wait and they wait , I turn and do few steps and say wait , and they wait then they get the treat ... fine
    BUT Brew dose not stands up , he gets the treat and awaits the next treat still on back legs . Kia on the other hand jumps like a mad monkey around and chases the tail . Fine
    I repeat the hole thing with sit and wait and this time I ask for the paw - so I ask brew the paw and I woke up with kias Pow in my hand ... I ask Kia the pow and nothing happens ....

they like clowns we have alot of fun , we have still allot of work to do , but at the mo we concentrate on training brew along side Kia , if he sees her doing something he will do it as well .

the silly things dont happen all the time , but it dose happen ...

they stubborn and cheeky but love them to bits

15. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

I think he is very attached with me (Im at the mo the fav in the house )don't get me wrong he dose go to my johnathan and they play and they have lots of fun , but something tells me he has a crush on me ... Kia loves us equal (probably she is more possessive with her dad sometimes , coz she knows she can get away with some thing with him , wether with me is more 'yeah yeah , shut up woman , can;t u see I do what u tell em to do (200 years later lol) )
    also Kia can get away with murder in my in laws house . my M other in law she did not liked dogs jumping on furniture let alone in her bed , what Kia dose when she gose next door? straight in the middle of bed , when I tell her to get of my in law tells me ' let her be , how can I be so bad with her and tell her to get of the bed ...'
    don't get me wrong in our house she dose what she likes , I allow her to jump on bed for a good cuddle before sleep time , but in my in law house were some very strict rules , which r completely broken now and makes me feel like I am the bad police woman now lol

How they r grandparents and granddogs :D:D:D

16. cherry

cherry PetForums Member

:thumbup:What a heart warming story. Well done to all involved. I transported a young dog from the pound to a rescue last week. I have never seen a dog so afraid. I cant get her out of my mind.:frown: I hope and pray that she finds the same kindness and love that you have given Brewster.

17. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

He looks so sad in his poundie picture and so much happier now

Well done you!

18. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

oh thanks guys for your warm words
    Cherry , it is one of the hardest things to get them and then hand them over , but at least the dog is in safe kennels , this is what matters at the end of the day
    the dog will find a fam , I am sure with that , out there are so many people who adopted dogs from rescues or 'friends ' or god knows what other 'sinister' place.
    At least one more if is saved from the pound , it is one more soul who has a chance to end up in to a good family and be loved .
    Good on u girl . Big hugs

EmCHammer

yes he was but Now he is a happy boy , he smiles all the time , this is what matters .

thank u
    PS I need to make some more pics son with Mr turnip

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Bless his little heart the first pic makes me want to cry :( so glad he's doing well xxxx

20. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

thanks gorgeous thanks ...
    I wonder how he would react to see both Luna and Sky in the same room ...turnip head says ' this is heavennnnnnnnnnnnn' hehehe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice