Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

breeders

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by emzybabe, Jul 13, 2009.

1. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I have been considering getting Miffy a boyfriend for some time but havent as I still havent found a job. However I like to keep a nose into what buns are up for adoption/sale in my area I came across some mini lops on free adds and followed the website and this is what I found: lopwarren.magix.net/website/ click on the bottom tab "shed and built in cages for sale" :( so tiny

2. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

why do you want to breed from her? :confused:

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

nooooooo she is spayed Id just like to get her a companion. did the link work

4. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

lol oh yeh course, ahhh i get it you want a bun from a breeder? I think I only know of three decent breeders personally so be careful!! Or you could rescue a bun, i know hundreds of them!! ;) Oh and link didnt work?

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

6. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Hun you should mind where you get him from, do you really want to give that breeder money to carry on shutting bunnies in those tiny poor excuse for cages??? If you rescue a young bunny, it will be vacc and neutered all for an average donation of £40, it cost me £65 to neuter one of my bucks without the vacc's. At least their hormones would have settled and it'll be easier to bond them. Or if you have to go to breeder go to a decent one like frags who actually cares about her buns.

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

yes of course I mind who I get him from I certainly wouldnt get him from someone like the link, I meant breeder vs rescue, It just depends who has a the right one

8. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i agree with crofty go to a rescue and get a neutered bun and they will even help with bonding them :D
    there are so many crappy breeders out there just in it for the money and dont care for there buns.

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

There are few male non bonded bunnies in rescues in my area which is why I am also keeping an eye on other rabbit options, I am only looking until I move house anyways

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice