Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Breeders!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Clodge, May 12, 2010.

1. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Now I know they're not all the same but why is it they tell you really important information when you needed it about 18 months ago?!!

We wrote to our breeder just to tell him the problems we've had with Otto in case a) any of the litter had simillar problems and b) in case he bred again (although he had said this was his one and only litter) and to tell him in the 18 months we've had Otto he's cost us over £10,000. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't change him for the world and I'm glad we got him as I don't think other people would have perservered or been as forgiving or had the operations but we got a tape reply from the breeder. It is a lovely message (apart from him referring that 'The Mexican man' may be able to help - took me a while to figure out who he was referring to!!) and then on the tape he says that when Otto was a pup he was the most alpha dog he had ever come across and Otto managed to get 11 pups and his mum away from the food.

He's such a lovely bloke but if we'd known this it may have explained some of his behaviour, although after his operation he's a completely different dog but we would have done things alot different! Never mind! :D

2. Mollydoodle

Mollydoodle Banned

Good on you for helping Otto to such a cost to give him a life and shame on the idiot you got him from. it sounds like he isnt a good breeder wiv that attitude and youwere only trying to help him. word of mouth is always a good way to pass on bad experiences like that. pleese give Otto a hug from me and molly xx

3. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Aww thank you Molldoodle!

4. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

I know how you are feeling, its not quite the same but we rescued Charlie (my Saluki X) and it is costing us so much money to try and sort out his problems. Keep your head up! It can only get better (well thats what I keep telling myself!)

5. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

THIS IS WHY I match my pups to owners. If an owner takes a real shine to one of my pups and I feel they are not the right home for them (eg 2 of my pups were very cheeky and pushy - they went to working homes) I will tell them they are not a good match and tell them why.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice