Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

breeders insurance

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by vizzy24, May 18, 2010.

1. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Hi Havn't been on for ages, It is hopefully finally getting closer to the time Rosie will be coming into season, and hopefully Roise's the long awaited puppies:). I like to keep all the bases covered and wondered if anyone has ever had or claimed on breeders insurance?

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

OMG a real blast from the past, was only thinking about you the other day

How you keeping ????

Cant help you with your question have never used one but just had to say HI"!!!!!!!

3. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

Touch wood no I haven't - but I know quite a few new owners who have had to claim on the free insurance with both Pet Plan and the KC - including one where the pup simply died not long after going to it's new home.

4. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Hi Tashi, I am good thanks we have just moved so hence the reason why I have dissapeared of the face of the planet lol. How are you and you dogs, have I missed loads :(

5. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Thanks Swarthy I will be making sure they go with insurance like you said but I have nevere heard of anyone using the breeders insurance to cover the dog to be bred from.The kennnel club do one that covers you for any complications like c-sections and poorly pups just wondered if they pay out( you know what insurers can be like sometimes) as breeding can be a pricey business, and thought it would be wise to cover my back but I dont want to pay for soemthing that is't what it makes out to be, hope that made sense :rolleyes:

6. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

My apologies - I mis-read your post. No I don't know anything who has taken the breeders insurance - sorry :eek:

7. jardine

jardine PetForums Member

I took out breeders insurance on our newfie, but wasnt able to claim any costs back because you had to pay the first £150 plus 10 or 20percent of any claim, i dont even know if it would be much of a saving even if you had to have a c section, the insurance was nearly £500 then you would have to pay the first £150 plus 10 or 20 percent.

8. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

I think you will find that almost all insurances will specifically exclude any problems directly attributable to pregnancy. Most 'breeders' insurances are really just policies that will extend to covering puppies after they are born. But, if you want to investigate - try PetPlan - they do have a specific breeders insurance.

My experience with the KC was so awful that my advice would be - don't touch them with a bargepole.

9. jardine

jardine PetForums Member

The insurance i have is a breeders insurance through the kennel club and it covers the mum for the pregnancy and the puppies until they leave mum at 8 weeks.

10. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

HI Jardine, that is the insurance I mean I will have to get a quote and see how much it will be :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice