Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Breeder Insurance

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by JJJ, Aug 3, 2009.

1. JJJ

JJJ PetForums Newbie

Hi

2 1/2 part question please

1. Can any one direct me to good breeders insurance where I can insure the operation rather than individual bitches

2. Does anyone know any Company that offers Puppy/dog insurance and pays a commission if it is taken up by the new owner

2a and if so is that insurance any good?

Thanks

JJJ

2. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Im pretty sure that you have to insure indicvidual bitches with most (if not all) policies. I cant see how it would be beneficial to have "general" insurance unless you were breeding on puppy farm scale. If you're breeding on the scale of most ethical breeders its best to insure each dog.

The only good breeders insurance i've found, that covers fertility treatment to caesarians is from the Kennel Club. We have this for our pug bitch who currently has a litter. It is expensive (i think about £26 a month) but is peace of mind if anything goes wrong.

Im not sure about commission but PetPlan i believe offer vouchers off products if puppy owners take up the insurance, i think this still comes with KC registration in general though :D

3. GSPman

GSPman PetForums Newbie

Yes it looks quite good - covering fertility treatment and even Caesarean Sections!

I've heard that they will be on the KC Stand at Welsh Kennel Ch. show as well?

4. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I personnally don't use pet insurance for my dogs, we have a credit card and a bank account especially for the dogs, so if we do need to go the vet for what ever reason we have the money set aside ready. In the 8 yrs we have been breeding and showing our dogs we have touchwood only had 2 c-sections and personally both could possibly been avoided if it wasn't for the my old money greedy vets who refused to give oxytocin instead. My vets now are fab with my dog's and know that I bred the majority of them myself so know my own dogs and breed which always helps.

Petplan do the puppy vouchers for breeders to give with their puppy packs I give these out, so that when the puppy goes to it's new owner it is covered incase the knew owner doesn't have anything set aside like myself. The KC regitrations come with puppy insurance on them too.

take care
    Sarah

5. Frenchie

Frenchie Banned

Petplan may offer you commission if you meet sales target I think. $

Have a look here: Petplan - Breeder website and then call them on 0800 072 4411

Good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice