Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

breeder-banned 4 animal cruelty!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GSDlover4ever, Aug 7, 2009.

1. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

i have a few questions and i will try to explain myself the best that i can! :)

my GSD bitch Zara is a rescue dog, although not from a rescue centre but from her previous "owner".
    the people in question had 20 plus dogs, the majority of them bitches.
    they had 10+ german shepherds and 10+ yorkshire terriers.

to cut a very long story short all of the dogs were taken by the SSPCA and the "owners" were banned for a year for animal cruelty!
    sadly a few of the dogs had to be destroyed :(

the conditions the dogs were in were horrendous - maggot infested dog kennels, their kennels were cleaned out about every 2 weeks and never let out etc... - i can remember one dog was so mentally traumatised that he started chasing his own tail until it bled - he was only a 6 month old puppy
    :( :mad:

my GSD had a lot of issues - the day i actually brought her home her previous "owner- the person who bred her" was chasing her with a big brush trying to hit her with it, because she wouldn't go to her - she was 11 months at the time :cursing:

well the year ban is up and they have got 2 Yorkshire terriers and they plan to breed again!

the thing is they bred basically every bitch they had - even though you are only meant to have 3 breeding bitches (i think) they would instead put the dog under someone else name!

also if for instance a Yorkshire terrier was a big one - they would say that another female was the mother of the pups instead - usually because they would sell better.

also to get some money they would say that a bitch who is spayed had pups.

on a few occasions a bitch was caught by her son - they never told new owners this!

if a few bitches were pregnant at the same time - they would swap the puppies about - so their fore suspected owners would get a different pedigree from the lines that there pup was actually from.

also if one of the bitches had say a really bad under or over shot jaw- they would once again say that another bitch was the mother - once again to get the pups away quicker and at a higher price.

my question is - is there anyway, i could make this situation known the kennel club?

i have also witnessed her beating the passed dogs that they had, especially if they ran away. :(

but i always thought it would be my word against theirs!

would it make a difference?

basically i don't want them to breed anymore dogs!
    they only see them as money making machines!

They don’t disserve any animal – not even a stuffed one!!!!!

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

bloody hell. not sure i can really offer any advice on this but these people need to be stopped!!!!

3. GSDlover4ever

oh don't i know it!!!

luckily enough i have contacts :)

and they all know about these "people" their name has been blackened - but they still have to be stopped! :cursing:

it really makes my blood boil!!!!

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

You need to contact the KC. These so called ''humans'' need to be stopped.

5. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Oops sorry i hadn't realised you had put this too!

6. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Unless the breeder is an accredited KC breeder the KC won't do anything - they are 'a registration body not a policing organisation'. RSPCA is your only hope. If there has been fraud or misrepresentation or any other dispute involving money, small claims. If threats or intimidation by people, Police. It's very very sad and I wish it was easier.... :(

7. GSDlover4ever

yes they are a KC breeder, its hard to beleive they actually got the GSD's hip scored before breeding.

the thing is it would be my word against theirs!!!

thats whats preventing me from screaming it out to the world!!!!

although i have had my dog for nearly 4 years, one of them has threatened to take her for breeding - especailly if she finds out she is in season - luckily enough she is getting spayed next week!

arggggg :cursing:

i got in contact with the SSPCA again about them having another dog - when there ban wasn't over - dog got took away, however they were sneaky and put the dog under a different name - so in the end they got the dog back!!!! :mad: :cursing:

8. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

"Accredited" KC breeder is different from any-old KC breeder. Those who are accredited - IMHO meaningless anyway as it isn't enforced - I guess could have that 'accredited' title taken away... but as most KC breeders aren't it really doesn't mean much and it's not policed by KC.

My last post: The KC is merely a registering body. Not there to regulate breeders. I'm so sorry to say you will get no support from them. :(

If you can get RSPCA or police or small claims on your side then that's as much as you can expect sadly. I do think in this day & age for the major registering body of dogs to take no interest in its registered dogs' origins is NIMBY and ignorant.

When I bred cats with the GCCF I was always aware that even owning a registered cat in my name made me liable if I infringed their rules. I could have been banned, fined or excluded by them. I did what was required, which made perfect animal welfare sense to me anyway. Too bad the KC are so stuck in their ways they don't even ask nicely that their breeders do the same.

9. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

this wouldnt bethe lady who also bred leo's and now lives in dumfries would it?
    If so multiple things happening to name, shame and prevent her from breeding kc reg dogs ever again.
    The leo chat lists have wheels in motion, if u pm me i can put u in touch if u need the info.
    might not b till 2nite as working all day.

10. GSDlover4ever

nope they only bred 2 breeds - GSD's and yorkshire terriers.

at the moment they have got 2 yorkies.

please PM me it - hopefully it will be of some help :)

they have stated that they dont get enough proffit out of GSD's, but will keep yorkies instead! :cursing:

can u beleve they use to show some of there GSD's :eek:

11. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Gosh that is so bad.

It is people like this who need to be stopped from ever owning pets, not just for a year!!

12. GSDlover4ever

the SSPCA know about them and will be checking on them regularly.
    because of how aggressive they were towards teh sspca - the police were also called in!

so basically i cant really do much as i have no proof.

they haven't done the things i mentioned earlier for a few years - since the weren't allowed any animals.
    however they will probably do it again with their 2 current dogs.

becaus eof the poor conditions of the dogs in kennels, they would actually take the bitch and pups and go to a relatives house to sell the pups - so new owners would think they lived in good conditions! :eek:

13. GSDlover4ever

oh i know, the SSPCA and everybody involved were very surprised about the courts sentence! :mad:

14. GSDlover4ever

does anybody else have any helpfull info regarding this ? :)

15. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Did the sspc contact the KC ? Maybe if they worked together they could get this stopped,it seems the people you talk about will find any way to breed and make money from it,so i think its going to be very hard untill sadly they are caught again with animals in distress,Good luck.

16. GSDlover4ever

im not sure!

but i found out yesterday that they got another pup to breed from - poor wee soul :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice