Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Breathing problems in a kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Aurelia, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Last night I heard a few noises coming from one of the kittens while I was playing with her. But thought to start with it was a little growl ... can't think how else to describe it!

Now today I having being playing with her again, and it happened again, only this time she was right on my shoulder and I heard it louder. It sounds almost like when you catch your breath in your throat, just a little 'huuh' if that makes sense. I wouldn't call it a wheeze, but it is definately coming from her chest.

I got straight on the phone to the vets, and they are going to see her at 5 tonight.

She doesn't seem poorly at all, still chasing around and fighting with the others, still eating bucket loads, drinking and toileting fine. She is also currently zonked out with the others ... and funnily enough she doesn't make this noise when sleeping. It only seems to be when she is playing with me! Though it's that quiet she probably does it when playing with the other as well, but I wouldn't be able to hear it.

But of course I have been googling :(

I guess I'm just after a bit of advice to fill in the gap between now and 5 ... what could this be, and what are the treatments?

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Roll on 5 o'clock & stop googling :frown: sorry no idea but would'nt think anything nasty x

3. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

I know, I'm terrible!

I am actually going to try my very best to go with her :eek: (big deal), as I want to hear for myself that she is going to be OK.

4. Dally Banjo

Your kittys take themselves to the vets :crazy: definately put my name down for Tinks then ;) :lol: I'm sure she'l be fine just kitten stuff :) x

5. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

:lol: No, thankfully Chris takes them if they need to go usually. He's good like that :D Though I do often provide him with a note (that should read letter ... actually novel) for the vet, with a request that he write down his findings so I can read it, and not listen to my hubbies jumbled up memory :D

6. Dally Banjo

Your as bad as me with my lists at the vets :rolleyes: I always let the vet sit & get comfy though ;) :lol:

7. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

*Gulp* Just getting ready to leave *gulp*

8. Dally Banjo

Good luck hope you can get her back off the vets & staff if there anything like our's you will have a job ;) :lol:

9. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Hope she is okay xx

10. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I'm as bad as you! When my OH had to take one of our cats to the vets (I was at work) I had an A4 typed page for him to take in to the vets explaining all Basil's symptoms, when they occurred, other worries I had, etc ...... he just rolled his eyes & told me he's not exactly a half wit! Well......:lol:

Hope your kitty is ok!!!

11. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Whew! I did it :D I took my ... er I mean Rilly's babies for a check over :D

Chaz is fine, he thinks she may have just bruised herself with the rough play or something. He said it was nothing to worry about, her temp (aww my poor girl had a nasty stick up her bum :() is fine and everything else is. He gave them all a good check over.

He said if I was still worried in a few days he was happy to see them again ... no charge again :eek: and he had a good cuddle of them and said "very nice ... very very nice kittens, with a big grin on his face :lol:

Whew :D

12. Dally Banjo

:thumbup: you got them all back then, drat so much for that bung a gave the receptionist ;) :D

13. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Phew - excellent! :thumbup:

You were very brave :D

14. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

:lol: You do know Cain is still available don't you? :D

I know :D

15. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Oh boy - I wish you hadn't said that one of your gorgeous boys is still available. I am kitten broody at the mo :D

16. Dally Banjo

Well with me being such a nice peeps & all I shall stand aside & let you have Cain :D I like Tinks :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice