Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Breakfast problems with Dante

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by ad_1980, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

This is a first for you all, talk about Dante! Ok yes Dante is eating that's not a problem :)

The problem is Dante being mean to Mika when Mika is having his breakfast.

Let me explain. For the past 7 months we've been feeding Mika Butchers with Eukanuba in the morning but since he loves the taste of the crumbs from Dante's bonios we have now diven him bonio's for breakfast - puppy ones that is.

Since feeding him bonio's Dante's been 'guarding' Mika's bowl, which he has never done before! Ever since we put Mika on Bonio's, and after Dante's eaten his, he goes to Mika's bowl and growls at Mika, which puts poor Mika off his food because he's scared Dante's going to snap at him!

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this behaviour? He's never been bothereed about Mika eating and this is a first for me because i've never had to deal with this in my entire life of owning dogs. Why is Dante doing this? Mum thinks its because he's territorial over his Bonios because he's always been given them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice