UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's suddenly got very cold round here- and the coast in particular is bloomin' arctic! It's got to the stage now where the hounds have started wearing their pyjama coats to bed. Our windows are all single-glazed so it gets rather nippy in the night and the hounds need an extra layer. Haven't snapped any pics this year, but here's the jimjams and hounds in question from last winter. Mmmmm cosy :)

Is anyone else starting to cover up their hounds? Or are any humans starting to really feel the freeeze?

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
I am officially nesh so I'm always wrapped up :D

Bo's been wearing her coat on walks for a while, mainly to get her used to it, it's not very thick but I think it helps. I've noticed her snuggling into the heated blanket on the bed so I might get her some pjs if it gets too cold (I'll test her on a t-shirt first to see if she'll let me put them on :))

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
awww, they look all cosy there!:D
I always have a duvet on the sofa and Adam has started sleeping underneath in the daytime and Heidi usually spends alot of winter stuffed up my jumper!!:D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
My 2 have started fighting over who can get closest to the fire

Made E a night shirt just need to make another

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awwwwww, mine aren't under-jumper snugglers, it sounds all lovely and cuddly!

Pixie wore her coat on Sunday, all was going well until she removed it in some gorse type thicket :rolleyes: I wouldn't put a coat on a JRT normally but the wind was insanely cold and all the dogs on the walk were wrapped up.

·
Registered
758 Posts
This might sound daft, but how easy is it to get a hound into those pjs? Bo seems to prefer tight fits (or maybe she just can't rip them off?) but they look a pain to put on. Do they either like them or not or is it something they'll get used to?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
well Abi has been wearing a hoody today. We have to wrap Bruno in a blanket in the evening and he can't go out without his ski jacket on. I have just taken advantage of the 10% off at Zooplus and bought a new jumper and a coat (never know who for till it arrives - the sizes all vary so much!)

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Well I would have lit our fire this weekend if beloved son hadn't come back from Uni with tonsillitis and such a high temp he wanted all the heating off!

Can't wait to see whether Bess like lying in front of it. My GD did - but he blocked all the heat coming into the room! My CS hated it - he would pretend to be a draft excluder and lie by the front door.

I love to see a dog lying in front of the fire. It's so homely.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This might sound daft, but how easy is it to get a hound into those pjs? Bo seems to prefer tight fits (or maybe she just can't rip them off?) but they look a pain to put on. Do they either like them or not or is it something they'll get used to?
They are too large on purpse- I did make Ambam some proper pyjamas but she doesnt like having anything close fitting on, she isn't hugely keen on the pyjamas- she will stand and look at me for a few minutes in the hope I'm only joking and will take it back off, but then she will get into bed and go to sleep just fine. Nibs is happiest when he is warm, so he's very happy in his pyjamas. blankets don't work as they move in the night. Pixie doesn't need them because she rolls up tight and warms herself- her bed is more enclosed so a bit warmer anyway.

In answer to your questions- they are easy to put on, I keep the front fastened so it goes over the head and buckles under the belly- they don't move when I put them on. They did have to get used to them- well, Ambam did- she didn't settle when we first used them, because she was used to coat = walk? She's fine now though- not in love with them, but better warm than cold!

... Also she's small enough that she can creep onto the bed and under the covers without us noticing! :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Honestly if it was up to Eli I would of lost an arm :eek: He got stuck and almost had to cut them off him. I have Velcro for another pair
Loki let me put them on him then slept in them all night in bed :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Awwwwww, mine aren't under-jumper snugglers, it sounds all lovely and cuddly!

Pixie wore her coat on Sunday, all was going well until she removed it in some gorse type thicket :rolleyes: I wouldn't put a coat on a JRT normally but the wind was insanely cold and all the dogs on the walk were wrapped up.
Well my JRT is the biggest wimp ever when it comes to cold and wet. He refused to walk yesterday in the rain and then drove us all bonkers throwing his toys around the house.

He is really intrigued by the open fire and loves the smell of coal, which is very strange. After being a bit nervous at first he has now taken to lying as close to the fire as he can get.

Great photos of the dogs in their winter wear! I might have to get mine a coat.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Kilo wore his flourescent yellow Equafleece in the park today as it's an onlead park and was only 2c. Waiting for his new coat to arrive - it's been aaaggggessssss :eek:.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.