Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

brain training toys/games

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ty-bo, May 12, 2010.

1. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I've tried a couple of these with Otto.

In my experience they are too expensive for the amount of time it takes Otto to figure them out.

Even the most difficult ones were solved within a few days and once he knew what to do the challenge was gone and he lost interest.

2. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

We have the bone shaped spinning one (tornado?)....took Koda about 5 mins to work out, and he knows that if he picks it up and shakes/drops it the treats will come out faster!

3. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

i see! ty's quite a cunning chap so i think he would get it quite quickly :) i have to say, the price does put me off a bit too.

4. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I prefer to hide treats round the house for the boys to find (cheap, uses their brains and there are endless hiding places to use).

You can also get the inner tube from a loo roll, put a smelly treat eg dried liver in the middle, stuff tissue (or flannels if your dog eats tissue like mine does!) in the ends then put the whole tube under a box.

You can make it easier at first then harder by putting other things on top of the box, using dummy boxes etc. That way you can constantly change it and challenge your dog instead of being limited by the toy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice