Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Brain hypoxia

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Paul Dankner, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Paul Dankner

Paul Dankner PetForums Newbie

Hello,

My dog was poisoned after eating rat poison, and suffered from a severe internal bleeding. She was taken to the hospital unconscious, and after 3 days was finally stabled.
    during this time, her lungs was full of blood which caused her breathing to be ineffective, which led to her brain damage (hypoxia).
    Today she is still in the hospital, breathing by herself, heart rate, blood pressure, and blood count are all normal, but she is not very responsive.
    She response to pain, open her eyes sometimes, but she can't move at all.
    I wonder if there is any treatment worth trying, I heard hyperbaric chamber may help, any ideas?
    Did someone encountered such a treatment that worked?

Thank you,
    Paul

2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I'm sorry, i have little to offer but i didn't want to read and run. I know nothing about your dog's condition but as a diver i know a little about hyperbaric pressure. I'm afraid I cannot see how it would help after the brain damage has already occurred.

I am so sorry not to be more positive.

3. Paul Dankner

yes, I know it doesn't looks good, just hope someone dealt with something like that..

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'm sorry I can't help you, just want you to know I'm thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for you both.

5. Paul Dankner

Thank you, she just started to respond today (after 3 days of coma) :)
    Opening her eyes, smelling, swagging her tail when she sees us.
    Still can't walk, but its a slow progress..
    She is about to start the hyperbaric chamber treatment, hoping for better recovery.

6. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Perhaps the brain damage has not been too severe, please let us know how she does. Wishing you all well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice