Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bozita dry dog food?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Tiger1054, May 16, 2010.

1. Tiger1054

Tiger1054 PetForums Newbie

Hi

I was just wondering if any one feeds their dogs Bozita and if so what do you think of it?

At the moment I feed Neo Dr Johns silver medal but having read some reviews of it have realised that its really not very good, I should have guessed considering how cheap it is but got sucked in my the sales lady!!

I'm trying to find a good dry food which is not too expensive and Bozita looks like its somewhere in the middle between the very cheap Dr Johns and the expensive brands such as Burns and JWB.

2. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

You really should look for a food that lists meat as the first ingredient. It also doeesn't give the percentages of ingredients either. I know Bozita wet cat food is fantastic, but the dry doesn't look too great.

Arden grange is a great food, about £25 pet 15kg bag from vetuk, also check out fish4dogs, 12kg bag is about £28, I know fish4dogs has a high meat content too (I believe it's 55% fish). Also have a look at skinners. I'm only going by the prices at vetuk since thats where I buy my food, you may find them cheaper elsewhere.

Also Vitalin do a wheat free food for about £30 but I can never remember exactly what one it is.

3. Tiger1054

Tiger1054 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't thought of Arden Grange as thought it would be very expensive but £25 is reasonable for a decent food. Not heard of Vetuk before so will check out their site.

Was looking at a this web site Dog Food and Cat Food reviews - caring for your pet, feeding your pet which gave me some ideas, Skinners is one I used to feed so may go back to it, also gave good reviews for Wainwrights and Whites Premium.

4. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about weinwrights too, defo worth a look I'd say. Think it's about £30 a bag.

I've used vetuk for years, buy pretty much all my pet stuff from there, wormers, food, toys etc, so they get a big thumbs up from me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice