Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bought by many dog insurance?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by leisurely, Mar 16, 2017.

1. leisurely

leisurely PetForums Junior

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself as usual, but we collect our dog on Saturday. He will be just over eight weeks old and comes with five weeks of Kennel Club insurance.
    Obviously we need to buy some for him once that runs out. Several colleagues have recommended Animal Friends, but I've read a couple of damning reviews so decided to look around.
    Favourite at the moment is Bought by many. The monthyly costs are very reasonable and it is a lifetime cover on offer.
    I am getting a Bedlington Terrier. His parents have been screened for the liver and eye issues associated with the breed and are clear.
    Mum is very healthy and, apart from vaccinations has never needed to visit the vet.
    Any views?

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

From personal experience I really couldn't recommend Animal Friends. From experience the most reliable I have found is Petplan to be honest. Initially there premiums may seem a bit more expensive then some, but they seem to keep premiums and any rises reasonable over time unlike others, and are reliable at paying out claims.
    What ever you get I would make sure you get a lifetime or covered for life policy. I would also take out a proper policy from day one you bring him home too.
    With any new full policy you are not usually covered for illness within the first 14 days of the policy although PP cover accident from day one. Also if anything should happen before the 14 days or before you take out any policy then becomes an exclusion, which you cant claim for. Companies often group illnesses too, so a upset tum becomes total disorders of the digestive tract etc. So ideally you need to insure from day one with a full and proper policy.

This is a thread that I started yesterday, which then turned into a discussion about insurance and various companies and experience of various members as well as myself that may be worth a read and be some help and give you ideas who to try.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/animal-friends-insurance.443795/

3. Katalyst

Katalyst A Lanky Lurcher and a Delinquent Dobermann

Animal friends in my experience are rather slow to pay out and seem to do their best to find ways to wriggle out of payments.
    Pet plan are easy to deal with and reliable. They're the only company I actively recommend.

Sled dog hotel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice