UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
oh i hear ya!
the best thing in the world though, was discovering on one particular day every week a big tesco near here reduces sell-by meat down to like 20p! imagine that- chicken, mince, n.i pork... all 20p each! they do it at different times during the day though, so that people cant go and get it All deliberately... but when you're in at the right time you do get elbowed a lot by older ladies! :mad5:
at one time i got like a months worth for the 4 dogs for £3! :biggrin:

eta- actually now i think bout it, ni people... pm me for details! dunno why i haven't divulged this yet! :eek

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i've had some great deals from Morrisons, like 10 meals worth of lamb spines for 30p or something stupid, got 2 small racks of ribs for next to nothing once too that was several meals worth :thumbup1:
I actually only used supermarkets for like the first year of raw feeding cos it was still cheaper than the commercial food i fed before!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Ah you're not alone in weird pleasure:D

I nearly hugged my butcher once when he offered me a bin bag full of 'scraps' (mostly beef ribs, lungs and pigs tails for £5 :D

I remember once I happened to pop into the large local Tescos and came out with about £20 worth of reduced meat, some chickens were reduced to 99p :eek: and the quail were the same, liver and kidney were like 4p!!
Never been there at just the right time since :rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
I just can't comprehend dogs that tiny and eating that little!! :D

Ozzy had two entire chickens (albeit not very meaty) along with some lung and liver to himself today, and that was just for dinner! :lol:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just can't comprehend dogs that tiny and eating that little!! :D

Ozzy had two entire chickens (albeit not very meaty) along with some lung and liver to himself today, and that was just for dinner! :lol:
:yikes: :yikes:

I have to admit though i do look forward to the day i have a large dog and can feed all sorts of big weird things lol would love to be able to get some pig or lamb heads :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.