Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bottom trouble?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by hayleyb, Jul 23, 2009.

1. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

ok so im gonna explain wat jst happened.
    Sheldon came runnin in the sittin room as if somethin was chasin him. and there was somethin, a bit of poo.
    this obviously got stuck on his bum some how.
    i went to clean it up and found trail marks allover the passage where he's been scrapin his bum along the floor.

any idea why he's doin this or cud it jst be simple that it all didnt come out the 1st time?

sorry for bein so crude

2. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Sometimes this just happens. Cleo has done it twice since we got her in November. Sometimes it just gets stuck to their fur and, if they can't dislodge it themselves, they drag their bottom along to clean it off. It's charming to see :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry at all if it's the first and only time he's done it. It's probably a one off. :)

On a side note, if it becomes a habit and he does it every day, even when not having used the loo, i'd look into it further. It might be a sign of worms. But that really is only if it becomes a habit. I wouldn't worry now. :):)

xx

3. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

You should treat him for worms just in case but could be a problem with blocked anal glands which a quick visit to the vet can put right.

4. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

he's not due for his worming treatment till 18th august. shud i still treat him now or will it be like an overdose?
    he's had this happen once b4 but was a few weeks ago and he wasnt very well, the poo jst got stuck to him no wipin of bottom that i seen. he's been to the vets since and she thinks he jst had a little stomach upset

5. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

lol i do apologies first of all cos it kinda made me laugh :blush2: maybe worming time?

6. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

maybe try change type of food, if indoor cat you can get a whiskas dry food that has added vegetables, could help?

7. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

Mine did something similar but it was because he had eaten a bit of string and the poo was dangling from it. He was running around as if he was being chased by a ghost which made it worse - it was hilarious! Not nice to clean up though!

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

aww that is not nice lol. he doesnt seem ill and his worming isnt due til middle of august so i dunno if i can give it to him now. altho another question here, i bought his worming stuff when i got him at 5 months old shud i change it to an adult one or will it be ok?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice