UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been buying bottled water for the dogs after hearing it helps with tear stains, however they have been on it over a month now and I'm not noticing much change. I've been buying lowest sodium & it's working out over £10 a month so I'm thinking of giving up with it.
Has anyone had any success with it before or is it a waste of money

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv never heard of the tear staining thing so cant comment on that but bottled water sounds to me like a waste of money...even I dont drink bottled water lol
No nor do i haha. It's only really the one of them that has quite bad tear stains, but its a ridiculous amount to be spending on water. I don't know exactly what it is in the water that can cause tear stains, but i'm wondering if a filter (like Brita) will do the same job? Would be cheaper

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
As part of my battle with Poppy's tear stains (and I've tried just about everything!), I did try the bottled water for a few months. It never made any difference at all. I always use a Brita filter with my tap water anyway, plus I have a water fountain with a filter in for Poppy, and she still has tear stains.

I'm not even sure that water being hard or soft helps either. I live in Wales so our water is soft.

G

·
No tear stains here but I use filtered water or spring water as our tap water is horrendous, I won't drink it so I don't expect the dogs to either.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why would water give dogs tear stains. Methinks it is an urban myth.
Apparently its something to do with high mineral content.

Have bought some ACV but haven't used it yet, can it only be given after they have eaten, if so how long do you leave it down for before changing the water?

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Apparently its something to do with high mineral content.

Have bought some ACV but haven't used it yet, can it only be given after they have eaten, if so how long do you leave it down for before changing the water?
I just add it straight on top of there food, they won't take it their water though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.