Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bottle feeding

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Freyja, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

This morning I got my feeding bottle out to sterilise it. I have noticed that he teats are not to good. The bottle and teats came in a pack from the vets I think it was royal canine. The teats are like normal baby teats but very small I have tried every were round here even Boots to see if I could get some premature baby teats but no one has any.

The only ones on hyperdrug are for the banana shaped bottles mine is like a normal baby bottle.

Does anyone know were I can get small teats from the vets are shut now so I'll not be able to go there until the morning.

2. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

I would try a local mothercare, thats where I got prem teats from for my son but this was some 8 and a half years ago:blushing:

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

do mothercare have an online shop I wander. Our nearest Mothercare is Hanley and I hate Hanley on a sturday morning:(

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

They've got them online I'll just have to brave the crowds and go to Hanley tomorrow.:rolleyes:

5. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

joys of Saturday shopping

:rolleyes:

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

for my pup which i had to bottle feed i just used a normal slow flow babies teat Freya, the proper puppy ones were just too fast & she was inhaling the milk

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Normal baby ones are too big for young whippet pups.When I had the feeding kit it had 3 sizes of teats they had to use the smallest as the others were to big for them to get into their mouths but premature baby ones will be ok too. I still have the teats but I've had them for about 2 years and the smallest is cracked and really I don't mind serilsing the bottle and using it but not the teats.

8. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

oh ye i bet baby whippets are a good bit smaller than husky pups, that particular pup was 14 1/4 oz, good idea about the prem baby ones, good luck Freya:) x

9. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

when my dog had her first pups a few years back i got the bottle pack by Shirley's, the teats are very small but i found i had to make quite a large hole in it for the pups to suckly on it, was good though. we just used it to top them up as there were two that where rather small.

10. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

It might have been shirleys that we had It was a round tin with sachets of milk powder a bottle and teats. We had it because the bitch had 10 pups it was her first and only litter and she couldn't cope feeding them all. I would just top them up at night. Funnily enough the 1 that I had to feed most is the 1 that has gone on to do very well in the show ring. I also used it last year with a litter of Tegan's as she wasn't making much milk to start with just to help her with them. I got new teats last year but can't remember were from:eek:ut:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice