Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bossy bitch

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by suewhite, Apr 26, 2011.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Moppet is the first bitch I"ve had she is a 10year old rescue I never realized how moody bitches can be she so bossy and makes all the boys life a misery if they dont do what she wants, yesterday she would"nt let them through the patio doors and they all had to troop around to the back door to sneak in,are all bitches so bossy:rolleyes:

2. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

Now that I've stopped laughing (at the image in my mind) I don't think all bitches are like that, our little girl is too laid back to be bossy as is our friends standard poodle bitch, but we did have a bitch til last year, an Australian Kelpie, who could be so moody that she would sulk if she didn't get her own way. I think it depends on the individual.

3. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

2 of mine are fine but Jay[JRT] is bossy with Scruff- she stops her going through doors and gives her 'the look'. She tries to pinch her bed at bedtime as well-it wouldn't matter who sleeps where but Scruff gets upset so I have to tell Jay every single night to get in her own bed. It is only silly things though really- Jay does it because she can:p

4. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Ive had 2 bitches
    Ginger,who we took in as a stray-we already had a male Sandy,who was also a stray and Ginger was fine with him,very gentle -as Sandy was too.

Our other bitch was Lulu -she came to us 14 yrs ago with our other dog Buster from the Rescue I worked.

She was definitely the boss of the 2 and the word "moody" that you used was exactly how she often was-my son used to say she was being all "hormonal like a woman"
    .Sometimes if she felt you had upset her she would turn her head away and nothing you could do or say would get round her for ages.
    Id give anything to see her little face again -as she died at the end of January and we miss her so much,her "brother"Buster has dementia now and doesnt realise shes gone.
    Thank you for taking on a Rescue dog-especially an older one as they are so often overlooked

Maureen

#4 Lulus mum, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  5. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I have Millie who is 2 years old and 19KG and Makita 11 months boy, 40Kg ish and growing. :eek:

And guess who is the boss! Who has all the toys, who choses which bed they are going to sleep in, who jumps on him when he is sleeping Yep you guessed it Millie.

I was so worried bringing in a much larger male, I never realised my girl was so confident! :D She is coping just fine hehe

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Lilly weighs 4 kg Zipper weighs 8 kg - guess who's the boss ;)

Lilly will stop Zipper getting uip on the sofa, playing with his toys or even getting in his own bed just by looking at him :(

Outside the house she is so submissive but inside she is a little bully to Zipper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice