Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Boris

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, May 12, 2020.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I really don't think he's up to this at the moment. I heard him make two very simple mistakes yesterday. It's not like him. After being so ill and then having a new baby, I think he's exhausted. He certainly looks it
    So many people have said it takes months to get over Corvid19 and small humans are renowned for keeping parents awake so much that they turn into zombies.

I feel sorry for the man and believe in the best of times he would be the best person for this huge task, but as it stands I think he really should take more time out

2. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I think he should have stepped back for longer. I cringed when he said that hospitality would be opening up no later than July 2nd when he meant earlier.

Maybe leave it Matt and Dom. They sound like a kids Saturday morning show after all :D

rona likes this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

There’s no reason he has to be getting up at night to a crying baby tbf.

I’m sure there are ways of ensuring he gets a good night’s sleep.

He’s got a Cabinet, advisers and staff to help him with all this and spread the load and I don’t think a change would be good right now.

It’s tough at the top.

niamh123, Calvine and rona like this.
  4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

He has all that help but he's still making silly mistakes. It's not good for us let alone him. He's just confusing the issue. I'd like to see Rishi at the front

Boxer123 likes this.
  5. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

He has done a rather good job. I can't imagine he thought he might be in this situation when he accepted the position not far back.

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

He's always stumbled over his words and fluffed what his saying and had trouble stringing a sentence together without falling over some of his words as long as I can remember.

On saying that maybe he should take more time off and leave it the Secretary of State to run things of a while and take more time to recover, I'm not saying he shouldn't be involved in some of decision making but take a step back and leave the afternoon briefings and questions to others.

7. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

I think up until the weekend he has not done too bad a job, yes we isolated and closed down late but that is history. Unfortunately the announcement on Sunday was so confusing and "England" only and at PMQ's yesterday he was clearly struggling as Keir Starmer walked all over him.

To say that we could all go back to work which apparently loads of people did and businesses were taken by surprise has not done him any favours.
    Neither has the announcement that we can only see one person not immediately in our household and in the open whilst we can go any distance we like and even to the beaches and other beauty spots where there will be many other people.

I think he should take a back seat for a while to advise, consult and recover and let the Secretary of State do all the speaking.

Whilst we are on that, as BoJo is Prime Minister, and it is a UK Government, why are Wales, Scotland and NI allowed to make their own decisions about what is allowed in total contradiction to the UK government?

Boxer123 likes this.
  8. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Don't forget it's far easier to be on the attack than the defence.

As long as we are still social distancing, those things should be possible.

Devolved power.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  9. Blackadder

Blackadder PetForums VIP

This is pretty much my take on what Boris had to say.....

10. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I love this, it really is spot on!

Calvine and Happy Paws2 like this.
  11. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I agree he is only human and in the last six months has campaigned for a general election, run the country in a pandemic, nearly died, had a baby. He probably is exhausted. I normally have a little chuckle at his bluster but right now feel terrified. I don’t feel that we are being lead in the right direction.

Happy Paws2 and rona like this.
  12. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I agree he has never been a very good speaker especially if he has to go off script, I know people that thought his rambling speeches were funny before but are really infuriated by them now.

13. MissSpitzMum

MissSpitzMum PetForums Senior

Boris has always been pretty inept, his whole persona for the voters was 'bumbling fool' to detract from the racism, sexism and homophobia he tosses about. He got into office because he lied to voters and convinced them to brexit (bus anyone?), then claimed he was the only one who would deliver it. Not like he got in on any political acumen.

Now he's in office and has faced a crisis, it is just plain to see and he can't fluff it with the media who, for once, don't have his back.

I wouldn't say he's suffering, I'd say he's just the Boris people voted for.

#13 MissSpitzMum, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  14. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Well, he, survived Brexit, then, just when he thought things could not get any worse (than Brexit) and there was a ''light at the end of the tunnel'', along comes the ''Chinese 'Flu'''. He does not look well and I suspect he went back to work too early; and surely he is advised by so-called ''experts'' - you have to hope so.

HarlequinCat, rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  15. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

As for people going back to work this morning without checking with their employer first to ensure it’s actually feasible/safe ..... well it just goes to show how stupid some people really are.

I predict it will be a bit crazy out there this week with all the numpties running out to freedom! :rolleyes:

There should have been more controls and clearer parameters written into the new guidelines as some people really are too stupid to be sensible.

Calvine, HarlequinCat, rona and 2 others like this.
  16. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

That's all a bit harsh. Brexit was happening long before he got into the drivers seat.

Politicians are still human beings you know, and he has been through the mill recently.

I'd really like to see someone else do a better job. It's easy to criticise with hindsight on your side.

Pixel, Kittynanna, rona and 3 others like this.
  17. MissSpitzMum

MissSpitzMum PetForums Senior

I'd love to see someone else do a better job too... ;)

18. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I think he's done ok until he changed the slogan to 'stay alert' it's not as clearly defined as 'stay home' and is easy to misinterpret.

Calvine likes this.
  19. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

*Edited reply*... Sod it, the mods have enough to do, you all know what I think of him from past threads and I don’t want to upset @rona or a few others... some of you are too nice. But he has made major failings before all this since December which are recorded on a timeline on social media, it’s not hard to find.

if he is unwell he needs to put someone in place who can but I honestly can’t see much difference in his behaviour.

#19 MollySmith, May 12, 2020
  20. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Deleted, off topic.

#20 MollySmith, May 12, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice