UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you feed your Collie's on? At the moment im using dry food which we got from pets at home and butchers dog food (puppys) mixed together.
And when do their poo's harden, so it can be easiely picked up on the grass? :D

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
My last three collie pups have been fed Arden Grange puppy food and have all done well on it. Naturediet is a good wet food if you want to feed half and half.

Puppies can be a bit loose at times but poo should be hard enough to pick up from when you get them.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
What dry food are you feeding?

If the stools aren't hard it indicates the food doesn't agree. Butchers isn't the best quality.

Wainwrights from pets at home is IMHO the best wet you can buy.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I think maybe the butchers is causing the problem try the pup without it for a couple of days just feed the dry and see what happens. If the poops harden up then you will know not to feed butchers.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Chicken carcasses.
Whole rabbits.
Mackrel.
Tuna.
Eggs.
Veg.
Ribs.
Turkey.
Trout.
Sardines.
Pigeon.
Pheasant.
Pig heads.
Trotters.
Tripe.
Kidney.
Liver.

No problems with stool consitancy, health issues and haven't been to the vets for about 3 years since I started other than injury. A lovely set of pearly whites too.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What dry food are you feeding?

If the stools aren't hard it indicates the food doesn't agree. Butchers isn't the best quality.

Wainwrights from pets at home is IMHO the best wet you can buy.
Pets at home crunchy complete puppy food.
But ive just been to my local pet shop he has given me samples of (super premium puppy) and tryed it on the dog and he loves the stuff, even on its own.Hes going to try and get me the puppy version of this...
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...7a932a32ef3227&bpcl=37643589&biw=1252&bih=571
He sells this cheaper than it says on the link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.