Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Boot Buddy or Hatchbag

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cbrookman, Feb 28, 2013.

1. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

Hi, have just bought a new dog mobile (aka CAR) which at the moment is lovely and clean :eek: Would like to at least try to keep it that way. I have read posts saying that a Hatchbag is really good and have just seen that an alternative prioduct called a Boot Buddy is also available. I am going to Crufts :thumbup: and I see that Boot Buddy have a trade stand there. The Boot Buddy looks as though you can take it in and out for cleaning but I think???? the Hatchbag stays in place and is too securely fastened in to take in and out for cleaning and drying. Anybody had experience of the Boot Buddy? Is the Hatchbag difficult to clean and dry? Thanks, any info would be really appreciated as I can't decide :confused: which to invest in.

2. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

I have the hatch bag, its my 2nd now (2 different cars) and I dont think Id ever have a different boot liner because I think its great!
    Once its fitted, Iv had no reason to take it out, just hoover it or wipe it down with a damp cloth and its as good as new.
    Obviously it can be taken out, its only stuck in with velcro.

3. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

Thanks for your reply :) Just out of curiosity is the material of the hatchbag waterproof? My dogs are big swimmers and usually VERY muddy. Do you wipe your dog(s) down before they get into the boot or is the Hatchbag Ok to let wet dogs onto it? Also do you cover the Hatchbag with anything like an old towel which you can then take out to allow it to dry? Sorry for all the qusestions it is just that I am puzzled as to where all the mud and water goes:confused: At the moment I am taking a Groomers towel in the car to wipe the excess water off the boys before they get in the car but am wondering how long I will keep this up with the new car;)

4. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Yeah its waterproof so no problem there, but I think it would get very slippery if the dogs were in it when wet. I put an old folded up duvet with a cover on top of it so the dogs dont go sliding around while im driving.
    The duvet I use is just for them and its a cheapy thin one, but does the job really well and can just be thrown in the washing machine if/ when needed.
    Dont worry about the questions, thats what a forum is for :D

5. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Hatchbag. My boyfriends dad has a boot buddy and it's rubbish in comparison. Stuff can still get all over the boot down the sides of the boot buddy and personally don't like how it looks either.

The Hatchbag is waterproof so I just fit it in and treat it as if it is the boot a so I wipe it, vacuum it etc - but I don't take it out, although I could if I wanted ,there's no need a nothing can get into it. It's just like having a super easy to clean boot - rather than something to take in and out. I put vet bed on top of mine, and have put a dog bed in too - which I take out and wash or take out if we want to take something messy in the boot.

As the Hatchbag fits really neatly, it looks very smart too.

Look at their website or Facebook for some good illustrations of what they're like.

Naomi x

6. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

We have a boot buddy and find it fantastic, but have never tried a hatchbag, so I don't know what they're like in comparison.

It is secure when in the boot, but you can remove it.

We have a rubber mat on the bottom to stop the dogs sliding around! :D

The rubber mat can be hosed down to remove muddy prints and has withstood the dogs clawing it and jumping in and out.

Definitely worth the investment! :thumbup:

Has saved the boot of the car! :D

7. davmat

davmat PetForums Newbie

Hi.
    Both makes are great, covering all the internal carpeted areas of the boot space. From experience of using the boot buddy for several years, I very rarely take it out or the car. I just take the non slip base mat out and shake it, then with a damp cloth, no chemicals, wipe the boot buddy down, job done.
    Dog hairs, dirt and all smells are quickly removed without having to remove it. If you have your spare wheel under the boot floor, the boot buddy lifts out as a complete unit in seconds.
    I know others who have had a hatchbag and are very happy with it, a bit more fiddly and not as robust, but does the job.
    Hope this helps.:thumbup1:

8. Nicki85

Nicki85 PetForums VIP

I've got a hatch bag and a rubber insert to avoid the slipping issue ;) both of mine love the mud and swimming and I chuck them in without towelling usuAlly . I sometimes line the floor with a couple of towels to soak up the drips otherwise it'll just stay in the car... Obv it's waterproof but there is no where to go for the water so it evaporates and mists up the windows (grrr).

Easy to Hoover and wipe down... Fits nice and secure too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice