Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Booked in to die

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by momentofmadness, Apr 8, 2011.

1. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I've just been looking on a site I frequent and am horrified as always to see there are 4 staffies.. all booked in to be pts tomorrow..

I find this quite upsetting and I just wish people would think before they breed these dogs..

Here are the poor dogs.. Booked in to be put to sleep tomorrow.. I know we all love our pets and majority if their was something we could do we could.. These dogs are desperately in need of a rescue to take them out of the pound.

[​IMG][/quote]

[​IMG][/quote]

[​IMG][/quote]

[​IMG][/quote]

#1 momentofmadness, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Oh... that first one... :( The eyes just break my heart :(

I hope someone manages to rescue them. Anyone who is breeding staffies at the moment needs to have a long, hard think about what they're doing... And then DONT!! My local animal shelter has about 90% staffies in at the moment, and most of the time it seems. If I could help I would, I take food and blankets and stuff when I pass by, but if only we could do more :(

3. momentofmadness

May I add.. these are just the ones posted up on this site.. that are booked in to die.. There are hundreds more that will take the last walk through death row..

I can't even begin t explain how distressed I feel..

But if we can all just educate 1 person a week or something like that.. then who knows.. Rescues are in a crisis with this breed/type of dog.. Many of them just dumped.. These are poundies so a great posibility they have been picked up off the street.. :(

4. momentofmadness

These dogs will all be wagging there tails tomorrow thinking hey we ar getting a walk and a fuss.. :eek::(

#4 momentofmadness, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  5. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

That's what I was just thinking. It's made me cry.

xxxx

6. momentofmadness

Im sorry it made you cry.. made me cry too.. but it is the grim reality.. Of what is happening..

7. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I knew it would when I saw the thread title but I had to read it. I don't like to hide from things like this no matter how much it upsets me :(

xxxx

8. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

so so so sad :( :( :( i wish i could help them all :( :( :(

9. momentofmadness

So do I.. So do I.. :(

10. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

The only way to help any dogs in this situation is by educating people about them. Why can't one hour a week be given over in schools to animal welfare. It's not asking much and could do so much good.
    Why can't we get something together and ask, no, demand the government do that. There's enough on pf to make a start at least.
    If we all feel this strongly about it, lets stop crying and do something, together.

11. momentofmadness

I think that is a great idea.. TBO I thought more people would have posted on this thread.. But out of the 20 odd who have viewed only a small amount of them have actually commented..

Im sure another member did mention this also.. I think its a great idea and would be really worth us getting our heads together..

Ideas would be great and some one to take control.. unfortunately at the min due to a personal situ I can't be relied upon.. Im sorry.. :(

12. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

I cant see! my eyes are to watery! :(

13. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I tried to start something awhile ago, but coz there was no proper agenda it didn't take off. Then someone (I'm so sorry I can't remember who) pmd me with the suggestion about the schools
    If this is going to have any impact at all, what we ask for must be achievable. We all want everything to change and animals to be given protection under the law, puppy farms outlawed and loads of other things. But we are going to have to choose one thing, something that will have an impact on future generations as well as our own.
    Education is the only way to do that. If we demand that all schools, primary and secondary, should have a minimum of one hour per week of animal welfare, then I believe we can achieve that. Ask for too much and we could just get labelled as fanatics and troublecausers.

Anyone else think it's worth a try?

14. billie jo

billie jo PetForums Member

Beautiful dogs - just awful!
    Don't know how the vets feel who are going to pts them - from my own personal experience, a lot of vets and nurses desensitise themselves. I seen it a lot in practice. One vet used to say as he was administering the pento - have they (the owners) paid yet! It used to make my skin crawl! Luckily the vets I worked for, would try and find a way around this - but with so many .. glad I'm out of the vet business these days .. Poor, poor dogs!

15. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

poor dogs so sad :(

16. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

It's beyond sad :( Words cannot describe what a dire situation it is and the sheer injustice of it all makes it harder to stomach. I'd love to own a sanctuary for Staffies, with a doors always open policy, none of these dogs deserve the fate they have been served. A woman in the paper today apparently spent £20k on a 'dog wedding', you think someone with money to waste on a dog wedding could help less fortunate dogs like this? It makes me cross.

17. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

That is just tragic :crying: and yet still the senseless breeding of staffies for profit goes on. At least 4 litters a week are advertised on my local gumtree, and many more adolescents and adults needing homes, all staffies. I wish there was something I could do but I feel quite helpless and it breaks my heart every day :(

18. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

I wish there were breeding laws so that you'd have to apply before being able to breed dogs and cats. Otherwise mandatory sterilization. It's a terrible shame that so many animals are put down.

19. billie jo

billie jo PetForums Member

I believe the RSPCA are trying to push for licenses, microchipping and big fines - I have said before, Bull breeds aren't personally my breed, but God Almighty - it's an absolute disgrace what is happening to these dogs that ask for nothing, but give their hearts completely to their owners. It is sicking!

20. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Frankly, no. As a head of faculty in a very successful school, I'm afraid this would be totally ignored. We already have far too many subjects to deliver.

Demand? Sorry, absolutely not. Education may be the way forward but there are more important things to be taught in schools and whilst I'm the first one to 'educate' the kids I teach about welfare, it's the idiot parents you need to reach.

I think massive fines and requiring breeding licences would be the better route.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice