Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Booda Dome?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Chewie39, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Chewie39

Chewie39 PetForums VIP

Anyone got one of these?

Booda Dome Litter Box Cat Litter Trays for Sale

Kitty and Oscar have grown out of their kitten sized plain litter trays and I'm sick of tracking so I'm looking at alternatives. I still want a Modkat but can't afford one (especially as I need two!) so I'm looking at alternatives.

ModKat - Gallery

Two Booda Domes would cost me a lot less than two Modkats!! Anyone able to recommend them?

2. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

never tried the dome but I'm getting the Cleanstep by Booda - supposedly stops tracking a *lot* - heard reviews from several people at shows and it's big enough for Indy who is roughly bengal sized (pretty big for mog)

3. Chewie39

Chewie39 PetForums VIP

4. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Haven't tried either, but like the look and reviews of the Cleanstep :thumbup1:

5. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

I don't think they look very big? But I am on my phone!

6. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I've just clocked the Cleanstep version and it looks pretty mega..... :eek: I'd be interested to see what anyone here has to say on that one if they get it.

The normal Booda Dome that you have asked about looks like any other litter box really and they don't stop the tracking. :(

I've got 2 of the quite excellent Catit litter boxes - they're GREAT for cleaning out but no good for retaining litter. :(

7. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

I saw those Cleanstep's at the Supreme - had to have a lift off of the lid to check what it looked like inside. They are pretty huge though! The little ramp out of the box is :thumbup1:

8. Chewie39

Chewie39 PetForums VIP

I have to say the cleanstep (why does this remind me of Harry Potter :p) looks quite amazing. I think I might get one of each and use the cleasnstep in the high traffic (ahem) downstairs position.

I don't think I was clear in my OP - I know it won't stop tracking per se (I'm going for one of your mats for that!) but my two have open trays :)eek::) and they kick the litter absolutely everywhere. So I thought some sort of covered tray was in order :rolleyes:

9. Chewie39

Chewie39 PetForums VIP

This made me smile - I have a new iphone and the smallness of everything on the screen (to a previously non mobile user) is taking some getting used to. It's an amazing thing though, the iphone, I feel like I've finally entered the 21st century :eek:

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post - I meant the Booda Dome seemed quite expensive for a litter box that doesn't stop tracking. There are cheaper, but just as good, litter boxes available. This one, for example, is great for easy access to clean out dirt and is cheaper:

Catit Hooded Cat Litter Pan Large Cat Litter Trays for Sale

:)

11. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Oh I love my iPhone it's my best friend :D
    You need to download photobucket app really easy to upload pics on here :)

12. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

I have this one for Manny ..... I'm sure his aim in life is to have ALL the litter on the floor rather than in the tray! So I got this hooded one, and it certainly stopped him in his tracks :D The area around his litter tray is almost clean now .... All I need to do now is stop him using Molly's (who btw wont use a hooded tray!!)

Just to add ..... I did remove the flap (Molly thought it was a new den, and couldn't work out how to get back out once the flap closed!!) and I removed the carbon filter (Molly thought it was something to eat!!) I really do wonder about her sometimes lol

#12 Jenny1966, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  13. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Since I put a second litter tray out Oscar and Rosie use it and rarely use the bloody modkat :eek:

14. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I've had to remove the 'door' from both of ours too. The OAP's would have been sitting with their legs crossed before going inside it. :001_huh: Didn't have any problems with them trying to eat the filter though.... :eek: Although Abby likes to sit on them when I'g in the bathroom.

Looks like you are more posh than your cats are!!!!! :D :D :D :D

15. Chewie39

Chewie39 PetForums VIP

I like the look of the Catit one - bargain at £19.99 :cool:

Does anyone have a "corner" hooded litter tray? I think that's why I like the Booda - 'cos it looks like it'd slot well in the corner I want it for!

16. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Jeez $180.00 for the other arrrggh doesn't look worth it and there doesn't seem to be much room to move round.

The Booda Clearstep looks good shame I've just bought a new one for Milly and Tilly, I'd would have been tempted to buy it.:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice