Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bonnie just caught and ATE...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cassies-mum, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

a fly...

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME its sick :eek:

2. balthamos

balthamos PetForums Junior

my takara does that too, then she licks my hand
    urgh!

3. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

My female eats birds she catches

4. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

sheldon likes to eat flies. only big ones and he doesnt like spiders lol haha

5. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Any of my three like spiders & my eldest cat isn't allowed in a room if I know there is a fly - she will charge around with no care for ornaments etc.

She usually catches them & leaves them in her water bowl whilst patting it. Fairly sadistic..

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Don't talk to me about insects, one of the cats caught a moth the other night and brought it in still alive, then all three cats and Henrick surrounded the poor thing and every time it flapped all three of the brave creatures backed off, the cats hissed and Henrick growled, wish I'd got it on video. I feel so safe with my big brave dog protecting me.

7. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Ahhh its horrible huh???
    My kitten did that the other day it was gross lol :p

8. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

not as bad as rats, mice, birds or rabbits!

9. balthamos

I saw one of my older kittens eating a mouse once, I thought it was a slug until he left a bit for me, niiice present :S

10. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

My Tiffany loves spiders! The bigger the better:eek:
    She catches them and eats them and once was sick, we think it wasn't quite dead and the wriggling in her tum made her throw it back up. She has also consumed (that we know of) flies, moths and even a beetle which we heard her crunching on. She drew the line at a woodlouse though, played with it but didn't eat it.

Aww mummys girl, give mummy kisses :yikes:

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

One of mine ate half a frog yesterday, then vomited it up all over the hall floor.

12. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Oh my :eek: Missy (my mums cat) keeps bringing in dead shrews (i think theyre shrews, they look like mice but chunkyer and shorter tails????) and leaving them on the kitchen floor -_- luckly she doesnt eat them though

13. Cat Lover Chris

Cat Lover Chris PetForums Member

My 3 one year old cats regularly catch flies and eat them. They also bring in presents such as birds and mice(as our house backs onto fields). The queen brought in a slug and eat it in front of us! Ugh!
    They do love a butterfly as well. They gave a pigeon a shock the other day when it was perched on the garage roof! It escaped with a few missing feathers!! Great fun!

#13 Cat Lover Chris, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  14. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Tilly’s favourite delicacy is butterfly – I walked in on her with one half hanging out of her mouth once, the wing was still fluttering and then she crunched it and swallowed… I was nearly sick! Lots of flies too, which I hate to see her eat but if they’re buzzing around the house in summer it is quite nice to have a little cat Hoover for them all because they drive me crazy. Luckily no mice or furry things yet!

15. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Jinks loves flys....but he especially loves spiders and moths! if he sees a moth he goes absolutley crazy!!:crazy::crazy: and makes a high pitched crying noise he wont rest until he has got it!!:eek:ut::D:Dx

16. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

LOL!! Cats are the wierdest little creatures! Pixie likes to eat moths one wing at a time....

I used to stop her, but don't anymore as it just prolongs their agony...:crying:

x

17. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

lol! Amber does that all the time too! flies and moths. Misty likes butterflys! and mice when she can get them yuk! saying that last few of them she brought in whole for me! how nice!

18. balthamos

My Kitten takara just a couple of minutes ago ( the large one ) I heard hear making odd crackling noises, got up, sawher playing with this MASSIVE moth! it was at least 4 inches long, I wanna be sick :( she chewed it up and has left some wings and i think its still moving. EWWWW!

19. 2crazycats

2crazycats PetForums Newbie

Ewwww....

Once in a while I come down to the kitchen in the morning to find some non-descript "innards" on the floor. :eek: It's hard to tell what they came from and it makes me wonder where the rest of the body parts go. I mean, do cats eat bones and things?

My cats must snack in private because I've never witnessed them actually eating anything, only chasing stuff around the garden.

Libs

20. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Charlie and Lola both love to catch and eat big crunchy buzzy blue bottles. Lola also loves large crunchy and fast spiders.

Thomas sticks to the traditional birds, mice, rats and slow worms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice