Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bonfire Night and Guinea Pigs??

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Mags4eva, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Mags4eva

Mags4eva PetForums Junior

I have got two Guinea Pigs who live outside in the spring/summer/autumn and come inside during the colder months. I have brought them inside for today-monday for the Bonfire Night period. They are in their indoor cage now but the fireworks are still very loud and they have been making very nervous squeaks. I have shoved the radio on but they are still gettin scared when the fireworks start. Anyone have any other idea's to help stopping them getting scared?? xx

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

I know it sounds strange but put the light on they wont see the flashes so much than if they were in the dark. I put a old box so they can get under it for security, I will be keeping mine in now till next april/may time as there getting on a bit.

3. Mags4eva

Mags4eva PetForums Junior

Thanks for the advice!! Where they are, the curtains are pulled across and will stay like that all night but i will leave the lights on as well just in case!! Thanks!! xx

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

None of mine seem to bother, not even the rabbits. The piggies inside certainly don't anyway. :laugh:

5. Mine lives in the living room, indoor Guinea.

The fireworks have never bothered him at all, a loud bang went off lastnight whilst he was sprawled out asleep, he lifted his head, and then settled back down lol he seemed more annoyed that it had disturbed his sleep than anything :D

He has a towel in his cage, which he sleeps under. He usually hides under that if something scares him.

Hope your Guineas are ok :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice