Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bonding update...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by hazyreality, Jun 25, 2009.

1. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Well, I have had great sucess with my 3 togther.
    The 2 un-spayed territorial nethies(as someone called them) and Rascal who the RSPCA called a killer!

I tried them together Sunday for about 20mins, Monday for about 45mins. Then Tuesday and Wednesday I put them into the run with mesh inbetween them just incase, then when I got home gave them an hour together.
    Today I was home all day, and I had to make the decision on whether to cut the hole for the ramp in the hutch or leave it a few more days till Monday then do it then, decided to play it safe and not do it.

I had them in the run together all day today and they are great together, particulary Gypsy and Rascal, Marley will now sit near him but she wont lay down next to him like Gypsy will!
    Have had to move the bunnies around because in the 3 tier I had Nethies top, Hope middle, Rascal bottom, but obviously if I am putting 2 hutches together Hope had to move. Hope is now in top and I decided to see if the 3 were still ok together in a hutch(being smaller and with smells) disinfected it all and popped them in what was Hopes hutch and they just picked a spot each and layed down :p
    Originally I was going to take Rascal out for tonight and put him in his own hutch, then together in the run tomorrow, but he kicked up a hell of a fuss when I put him in his hutch, throwing the plant pot around and trying to tip the food bowl over so I put him back and he went and lay down! :D

My problem is that hearing what a hell of a job people have to bond bunnies, I cant quite believe that these 3 are fine already, although it certinally seems like it! :eek:
    Do I leave Rascal there or do I put him in his hutch? I dont want to undo it because they are so good, but then they will have to be stuck in just 6ft overnight and in the run during the day because it will have to wait until Monday until I can get the ramp in.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just sooo happy with how it is going! And I am chuffed that it has worked! Again! :cool:

*Heidi*

#1 hazyreality, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

I think Ady and rosie had the quickest bond ever!
    I took Rosie into the RSPCA to be bonded with Ady WHICH they made me do myself >.> for a day
    the next day ady came home and they've been inseperable since!
    I'd leave them if they're fine :)

3. hazyreality

Kodi and Rascal took a whole hour before they were laying together so I know it can happen. I just couldnt believe it could happen again :p must just be Rascal, he must just be irresistable to the girls :p

*Heidi*

4. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

haha all my females love my nethie unfortunatley we have to keep him by himself as he has an eye absess atm and being around other buns worsens it some how >.>

5. umber

umber PetForums VIP

awww thats great news! Continue to keep an eye on them but its great its going so well.

When I got Flake and Daisy from the rescue centre they said the same... they bonded them there and they said it was literally love at 1st sight! They had tried them with other rabbits 1st but it hadnt worked out but when they put these 2 together they said it was as if they were meant to be they had no problems at all! They love each other its so cute!

6. hazyreality

Aww sorry about your bunnies eye.
    Its the other way round here, cos Rascal is a lop and the Nethies it appears are loving being with him! :) They even seem calmer with me! :rolleyes:

*Heidi*

7. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

nice! My nethies a big softie until its medicine time / bed time. then he has a fit and hides under the sofa lol.
    My babies are the cutest bond as they're brother and sister so love each other unconditionally :smilewinkgrin:

8. hazyreality

yeh I think the family bond is great. I have 2 New Zealands who are brother and sister and they adore each other, its them versus the world!
    They are all rather annoyed with me this evening because they have been Ivermected as a precaution, they dont like drops on their necks :rolleyes:

*Heidi*

9. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

haha!
    I only started with Poppet as my *ONLY* bunny in November as my college course inspired me :)
    now i have 6, and i couldnt be happier.
    Its amazing home quickly you become immune to the pain of their scratches :p
    and I've only ever been bit once by lola and a few nips from poppet when i hold him against his will haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice