Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bonding my trio

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by BattleKat, Jun 27, 2010.

1. BattleKat

BattleKat PetForums Senior

Ok so I'm only doing sessions at the moment because I can't take the time off work to just start and not stop until they're bonded but I'll keep you updated with the progress!

session no#1 today
    Rambo and Eli have had quite a few squabbles but stopped after I put some cardboard in between them for 10-20 seconds.
    During the first scrap Eli (I think) sprayed piss all over the other two.
    Lola has stayed out of everything apart from when they launched themselves in her direction - then she joined in for a few seconds.
    Lola keeps thumping.
    All have groomed themselves
    All have flopped out
    All have eaten some hay (currently eating all together)
    Rambo has groomed lola.
    I think Eli groomed lola a little but I'm not sure - he's sniffed both of their heads an awful lot and looked like he was going to groom them at least.

I'm really pleased that lola and rambo still seem to be remaining close as my main worry with this was their bond breaking. I know it's early days still but I've really been reassured today.

I think they're been in 2-3 hours now and are mostly just lying around.

2. BattleKat

They're all just snuggled up together!!! Not sure how happy Rambo is about it but they seem ok.

3. BattleKat

Not had any scraps in a couple of hours and rambo is letting eli sniff her bum now, which previously resulted in her going mental.

4. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Hope that the bonding is going well today. All the best - hopefully they will soon all be living together happily. x

5. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Its a shame you have to keep seperating them. Hope it all works out for you, just might take longer :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice